Are you thinking about how to become a professional of tomorrow in the technology, telecommunications, or networking industry? Applying for Ericsson Internships will advance your career in many ways, giving you a chance to get relevant work experience, learn new skills, and acquaint yourself with the work environment and industry. No matter your career needs, be sure that this internship will give you everything it takes to help you attain your career goals.
Read on to learn more about Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson’s internship opportunities, starting with the basics.
Overview of Ericsson Internships
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson has a range of internship opportunities open to intelligent and enthusiastic students of diverse backgrounds. Domestic and international students across various subject areas can participate in this program to understand a specific area of Ericsson’s operations. They are best for individuals who are passionate about technology and its applications.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson is a multinational networking and telecommunications company established by Lars Magnus Ericsson in 1876. It operates in over 180 countries and has a workforce of more than 100,000 employees. Ericsson provides software, ICT services, and infrastructure for telecommunications service providers. The company played a significant role in the telecommunications industry. Besides, Ericsson is one of the pioneers of the 5G network. It also invented Bluetooth technology.
Few Things to Note about Ericsson Internship Programs
- International students from all countries can intern at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
- Ericsson hires interns in its offices in different countries, such as the United States, Croatia, and Mexico.
- Internships at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson are financially rewarding.
- Most Ericsson interns work for three months.
- There are possibilities for interns to full-time employee conversion at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Benefits of Interning at Ericsson
Here are some benefits of doing your internship at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Full-time employment offer after graduation
- If you had an outstanding performance during your internship at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, you might qualify for conversion into a full-time employee. Thus, you will be able to work at Ericsson after your graduation.
Opportunity to learn from professionals
- Being an Ericsson intern will give you a chance to learn so much from some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry. As the company’s work environment is open and supportive, you will also get answers to all questions related to your career.
Gather industry-related experience and skills.
- Interning with Ericsson will also help you gain relevant work experience and improve your skillset as you contribute to challenging projects. Of course, all these would develop your qualifications and enhance your employability.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson offers considerable financial compensation to its interns each month. Hence, you will earn approximately $7,800 monthly.
Opportunity to create a professional network
- Ericsson Internships also aid professional networking. During your internship, you will receive invitations to attend social events and collaborate on special team assignments. Undoubtedly, you can use your network to get future references.
Do you want to reap these benefits? Then you should check your eligibility for Ericsson Internships through the information in the next section.
Eligibility Criteria for Ericsson Internships
Here are the criteria for internships at Ericsson.
- Must be a student pursuing a career in business, management, information systems, computer science, Information Technology, marketing, finance/accounting, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or Human Resource Management
- Must possess impressive academic achievements, i.e., a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be able to communicate effectively in speech and writing
- Should be quick at learning things, passionate, and willing to learn
- Must be enthusiastic about technology and its applications
- Readiness to work for 40 hours per week during summer
If you’ve already satisfied the above criteria, quickly apply for internships at Ericsson.
How to Apply for Ericsson Internships
To express your interest in the internship program hosted by Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, take the following steps one after the other.
Step 1: Visit Ericsson’s website to see its career opportunities
- Before anything else, you should check Ericsson’s official website for jobs currently available to students.
Step 2: Fill out your online application
- After finding your preferred student position, click on it to open its expanded page. Then, click the Apply Now button to start your application. Since its first time using the platform, you must create an account via your email address.
Step 3: Attend your internship interview with Ericsson
- You will also have to attend an interview with Ericsson’s recruiter or hiring manager. For tips to succeed in this stage, we implore you to read our article on preparing for an internship interview.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ericsson Internships
Who is eligible for internships at Ericsson?
To qualify for an internship position at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, you must presently be a student at a recognized institution of higher learning with a GPA of at least 3.0. Moreover, you must have effective communication skills and be quick at learning things. Ericsson also requires its prospective interns to be willing to learn new things, including about technology and its applications.
Are Ericsson internships paid?
Yes, Ericsson offers paid internship opportunities, meaning each intern can expect a monthly salary. The average salary of Ericsson interns in the United States is approximately $7,800 per month.
Can international students work as an intern at Ericsson?
Yes, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson recruits students of all nationalities as interns. Besides, the company does not disqualify students from assuming its intern roles due to their national origin or ethnic group.
How long do internships last at Ericsson?
Internships at Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson usually run for three months but may last for an extended period.
If I can’t communicate well in English, can I intern at Ericsson?
No, you cannot win an intern position at Ericsson if you are terrible at speaking and writing in English.
Ericsson Internships help kickstart a career in the tech sector, especially in telecommunications and networking. As an Ericsson Intern, you can expect to leave the company with new skills, a full-time job offer, a professional network, and hands-on experience to complement your classroom learning. So apply now before Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson hires students to occupy its internship positions for this year. If you believe this article is resourceful to assist others in landing an internship in one of Ericsson’s offices globally, do not hesitate to share via your social media handles.