How to Apply for a William Blair Internship
Are you interested in chasing a career in leading global investment banking and asset management firm? The William Blair Internship program is for you. This program is prepared for students interested in a career in the financial sector. Participants will complete a research project under a research mentor’s directorship and professionals. This guide contains the benefits, requirements, and overview of the William Blair Internship.
Overview of William Blair Internship
William Blair Internship is a 10-week intensive program available to undergraduate and postgraduate students who wish to pursue a career in financial institutions. But on the contrary, only students with a minimum grade point average of 3.00 to 3.49 GPA are eligible to apply.
Similarly, the students who wish to work as interns at William Blair must apply to either the summer analyst internships available during the summer or the off-cycle internships that run throughout the year. Despite being competitive, William Blair hires about 1500 interns every year, according to the information on the website.
Altogether, William Blair hires interns based on the following factors; a growth mindset and the ability to identify and overcome challenges with resilience.
William Blair Internship is available in some of the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Fixed Income
- Human Resources
- Institutional Equities
- Internal Audit
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Operations and Logistics
- Public Finance
- Risk and Risk Management
- Wealth Management
Responsibilities of a William Blair Intern
There are many responsibilities of a William Blair intern in the organization. Some of which include:
- Interns are expected to promote the Company’s mission by working on various projects.
- During the recruiting process, students are matched with teams and projects that suit their interests and experiences.
- Duties vary depending on the Company’s current employment demands but usually involve important initiatives and participation.
- Interns are expected to take on the job at the same level of excellence as full-time workers.
- Interns are also required to aid in developing various people’s analytic talents and ensure the accuracy and quality of all products/reports.
- Interns will also be asked to troubleshoot high-priority production problems by conducting root cause analysis and putting short- and long-term solutions in place.
Eligibility Criteria for the William Blair Internship
The eligibility criteria and requirements for the William Blair Internship vary depending on the program you are interested in. However, the following are the general requirements to intern in the organization.
- Intern must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must be eligible and mature enough to work
- Be a college or university student
- Your CGPA must be above 3.0 to be a perfect candidate.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Undergo a background check to ensure you are not a threat to the organization to be eligible for the internship opportunity.
How to apply for William Blair Internship
A few steps are involved in applying for a William Blair Internship. They are spelled out below.
#Step 1: Determine your eligibility
First, determine if you are eligible for the internship opportunity. You can go through the eligibility criteria section of this post to learn more about the requirements and criteria for selection.
#Step 2: Check out the internship opportunities available
After confirming your eligibility for the internship position, you may have to visit the William Blair Internship website to check the internship opportunity available. You can research based on your academic level, area of interest, and location.
#Step 3: Submit your application
You can submit your application online through the William Blair Internship website once you are sure that your application is ready.
#Step 4: Await a response
After submitting your application, you will need to wait for Feedback from William Blair to be sure you are eligible for an interview.
#Step 5: Accept the offer
If you’re offered the internship position, you must accept the offer and provide the additional paperwork needed to seal the internship. And then, you can begin your journey into knowledge, insights, and lots more.
William Blair Internship Tips for Interview
Below are comprehensive tips to make a memorable impression on your William Blair Internship interview.
- Firstly, look smart and compose yourself. Branding differentiates you from the crowd and sells you faster. All the characteristics mentioned in this paragraph can equate to branding as you are trying to send a specific image about yourself across to your interviewers.
- Another essential tip for your internship interview is to make your answers simple. Speak whenever required, and keep your solutions around the question. Do not digress.
- Also, always ensure to infuse storytelling in your answers. The story immerses people into your world and helps them connect with you on a deeper level without a hitch. You aim to convince the interviewers beyond any reasonable doubt that you are the best qualified for the role. Tell them about your past experiences, similar challenges, and how you navigated to success.
- Then, be polite with your words and attitude. Always use the right words, body language, and tone for a formal situation.
- If in any way you did not understand a question, ask the interviewer to repeat or explain further.
- Ensure to ask a couple of questions at the end of the interview. Also, thank the interviewers for their time.
Tips to help you stand out when seeking the William Blair Internship
Generally, making a good impression during your internship has numerous long-term benefits, such as; building a professional network, gaining a mentor, job offers, and references. The William Blair Internship Program offers many ways to stand out. They include the following:
Treat Your Internship Like an Actual Job
Of course, William Blair pays you monthly stipends throughout your internship, so, at that point, it is a job. “Practice the way you play” is standard advice for athletes and great advice for internships. However, you may feel like, “I’m just an intern,” endeavor to practice how you want to do at your jobs.
Identify as an Asset to the Firm
As you know, everybody needs assets. They will also work hard to acquire them no matter the cost. Please get to know the Company, your supervisors, and their work style. Know the internship description and keep an updated copy for yourself!
Request for Feedback always
Confidence is essential, but you also need to be teachable. Otherwise, you end up learning something during the internship. Bring the correct balance of confidence and humility to the discussion, and you will increase rapport with your superiors and supervisors. In addition, asking for Feedback demonstrates your eagerness to better yourself in the role, and this disposition is valuable to managers.
Maintain a Positive Attitude
Maintaining a positive attitude should be your everyday mantra. Every intern tries to make an excellent initial impression by dressing professionally, arriving early, and asking thoughtful questions. However, only some interns keep up with the attitude till the end of the internship.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the salary of a William Blair Intern?
The salary of interns at William Blair is $25 per hour. Interns may also be eligible for other perks and benefits from working at William Blair.
Does William Blair provide internships?
Yes, William Blair offers internship opportunities for students. The internship varies from 6 weeks to 8 weeks for short-term internships or 16 to 18 weeks, which is a long-term internship. In some cases, the duration may be tailored or adjusted.
How can a fresher join William Blair?
Suppose you are a fresher wanting to join the William Blair career. In that case, you must visit the organization’s official website and check the available options and positions. From there, you can apply for any job related to your qualification.
With all indications, being a William Blair Internship intern will open you to a brighter future and a larger perspective in your career. With all information in this prose, you can get started in your career prospects as soon as possible.