Do you want to start a career in the pharmaceutical industry? Then, you should apply for Vertex Summer Internship Program hosted by Vertex Pharmaceuticals in the US. The program holds yearly, starting in May/June and ending in August.
Vertex Internship Programs are open to international undergraduate and graduate students. They offer students an excellent opportunity to take on actual and challenging tasks.
Participating in the program will let you attend networking events and professional development workshops. All these will fast-track your career advancement in the pharmaceutical industry, giving you the knowledge, skills, and relevant experience to guarantee your success.
This article will help you navigate the process of becoming an intern with Vertex Pharmaceuticals and inform you of what to expect.
Let’s get down to business.
Overview of Vertex Summer Internship Program
Vertex Pharmaceuticals offers a range of internship programs to enable students to expand their knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry. These programs allow interns to work alongside other interns and with diverse teams in a state-of-the-art and team-oriented environment.
Vertex internship program covers all areas of its operations, such as Pharmaceutical & Preclinical Sciences, Research, Medicine Development & Medical Affairs, Market Access & Public Policy, Commercial, Quality & Regulatory, and General Business operations.
Its General Business includes Human Resources, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Investor Relations, and Corporate Communications.
5 Things to Note about Vertex Summer Internship Program
- They typically run for up to 12 weeks.
- Vertex Summer Internships are paid internship opportunities.
- Non-US citizens can apply for summer intern roles at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- They have an application deadline each year, usually in October.
- Vertex conducts interviews for prospective interns.
About Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex is a biopharmaceutical company established in 1989 to enhance treatments for serious health problems. It has its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Besides, Vertex Pharmaceuticals has research centers in San Diego, California, and Oxfordshire, England.
The company is among the pioneers of rational drug design in the biotech industry. It has a workforce of about 4,500 employees.
Why Intern with Vertex Pharmaceuticals?
The following are some benefits of participating in the summer internship program hosted by Vertex in the United States.
- Being part of this summer internship program will allow you to get hands-on experience related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Interning with Vertex Pharmaceuticals will also influence your professional development as you get access to coaching and mentoring from managers.
- You will be opportune to work with the brightest minds in the industry and learn from them.
- Vertex interns undertake challenging projects during their internship with the company.
- The program will help you develop your skill set and build professional relationships.
- You will receive a reasonable monthly compensation, estimated at US $4,900.
Note: You must meet specific requirements to intern with Vertex Pharmaceuticals and have an opportunity to reap these benefits during your next summer break.
Helpful post: Getting an intern position with a full-time employment offer.
Eligibility Criteria for Vertex Summer Internship Program
Here are the requirements for Summer Intern roles at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or advanced degree program at a recognized institution of higher learning
- Interest in learning new things and contributing to various aspects of a project
- Have exceptional communication, multitasking, and attention to detail skills
- Be organized and able to interact cross-functionally with different team members
If you’ve satisfied the above requirements, ensure you apply before the recruitment process kicks off.
How to Apply for Vertex Summer Internship 2023
Summer intern roles at Vertex Pharmaceuticals have a straightforward online application procedure.
After completing the process, you will have to undergo two phone interviews, which you shouldn’t panic about if you check out our article on how to prepare for intern job interviews.
However, you can keep in touch by joining Vertex’s talent community, which requires you to fill out an online form that takes less than five minutes.
Vertex Summer Internship Interview Questions
As noted earlier, you will have to pass two scheduled phone interviews. Each interview will last for 30 minutes.
The following are 15 questions often asked during intern job interviews at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Could you walk me through your resume?
- Why are you applying for our summer internship program?
- What makes you distinct from other candidates?
- Have you ever worked in a team?
- When did you initially hear about Vertex Pharmaceuticals?
- Talk about your strengths and weakness.
- What do you love doing in your leisure time?
- Describe your previous research experience.
- What are ionic bonds?
- Tell me about the projects you’ve previously worked on.
- What do you know about fluid mechanics?
- Why do you want a career in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry?
- What would you choose as your special focus area at Vertex Pharmaceuticals?
- Would you further your post-secondary education?
- What does nucleophile mean?
Recommended article: Salary of pharmacy interns in Nigeria.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vertex Summer Internship Program
When does Vertex Summer Internship start and end?
Summer internships at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, US, commence in May/June and conclude in August.
Can international students apply for Vertex Summer Internship?
Yes, students of any nationality can intern with Vertex Pharmaceuticals during their summer holidays.
How long is the Vertex Summer Internship Program?
The summer internship program offered by Vertex Pharmaceuticals typically runs for 12 weeks.
Does Vertex pay interns?
Yes, Vertex Pharmaceuticals pays its interns a monthly salary of about $4,900.
Do summer intern roles at Vertex require interviews?
Yes, Vertex Summer Internship Program requires students to be available for two telephone interviews.
Interning at Vertex Pharmaceuticals offers a life-changing experience and a unique career advancement opportunity. It prepares you ahead of a career in the pharmaceutical industry.
So better take this opportunity now to develop your career quickly.
Thanks for reading!