Do you want to begin your study vision in Australia? The Great news is, applications for University of Queensland Scholarships are open. In this article, we will break down in detail this scholarship program, its benefits, its step-by-step application procedure, and more. The University of Queensland Scholarships are currently open to all international students.
The University of Queensland offers over 300 scholarships at the graduate, undergraduate, and research levels. Amongst these, students are qualified for 200+ UQ international scholarships, as well as country-specific scholarships e.g India Global Leaders, UQ Economic scholarships, etc. While The University of Queensland scholarships are enough, students can apply for various external international scholarships as well.
About the University of Queensland Scholarship
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public university situated in Brisbane, Australia, and has a prestige for excellence in teaching, learning, and international research. It was formed through a 1909 Act of the State Parliament. Queensland University was the first university in the state and was formally founded in 1910. The University of Queensland Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship in Australia that aims at rewarding the achievement of outstanding and successful students.
Queensland University has three main campuses situated at St Lucia, Gatton, and Herston. These campuses have top-notch facilities, captivating outdoor areas, and various cultural sporting/cultural amenities. St. Lucia is the Queensland university’s main campus and is situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane-river-bound land.
Gatton campus is the university’s rural campus, all teaching and research facilities in agricultural, environmental, and veterinary sciences can be found here. Herston campus is the Queensland university’s principal campus for clinical health teaching/research.
Types of University of Queensland Scholarships
The University of Queensland offers various scholarships to High school students, Research Students, International students, and Torres Strait Islander Students. The following are the academic scholarship programs offered by the University of Queensland:
1. UQ Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded every year before Christmas to applicants who reached a minimum ATAR of 99.90 or equivalent.
2. UQ Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to candidates who have proven outstanding academic achievements.
3. UQ merit scholarships
This scholarship is awarded to high-achieving students who also have proven outstanding academic leadership/community service
- The UQ Vice chancellor scholarship students are awarded the sum of $12,000 annually for up to five years.
- The UQ Excellence Scholarship students are awarded the sum of $6,000 annually for four years
- The UQ merit scholarships students are awarded the sum of $6,000 in their first study year and are only available for undergraduates.
These courses are applicable at this university:
- Design and Urban Planning,
- Computer Science and IT,
- Engineering (For EAIT International Award – Year 12)
- Agriculture and Environment,
- Planning and Design,
- Science and Mathematics (Science International Scholarship).
To be qualified for the scholarship, you must ensure that you:
- Are a trusted Australian citizen or Australian permanent Humanitarian visa holder.
- Are Australian permanent citizen, New Zealand citizens, and international students who are finishing or might have completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia.
- Should not have undergone any previous tertiary study except that taken up as part of year 11 and 12 studies.
- Must have applied for any tertiary place via the Queensland Tertiary Admission Centre( QTAC).
- Are planning to enroll as full-time students in an Undergraduate program at Queensland University.
- Must have included UQ as your first or second QTAC selection.
Fees & Funding
Is it hard to get a grant to UQ?
Up to 150 Scholastic scholarships are offered to students annually, making them extremely competitive. Scholarships are granted solely on scholastic accomplishment to candidates who accomplish a base ATAR of 99.90 (or equivalent).
How do UQ grants work?
It offers monetary aid to candidates who have displayed extraordinary scholarly accomplishments during their senior optional examinations and are beginning the principal year of a four-year certification at Queensland University.
How difficult is it to get into the University of Queensland?
It depends upon the degree, we may without hesitation have a higher section margin than your different choices. As it may be, assuming that you are surveying the best-positioned University around Australia, you’ll find that UQ is no harder to get into than a number of the other states’ most considered universities.
How can I get a complete scholarship in Australia?
It is known that scholarships in Australia are Completely Subsidized. The Australian Government gives scholarships to International students in Australian Universities. The Australian Government also supports a good number of scholarships. Concentrate on Bosses, Ph. D., and MPhil Degree programs from Top Australian Universities.
What is a valid reason to apply for scholarships?
Having a scholarship permits the student to think about a more particular program, decreases the gamble of quitting, and frequently offers potential chances to extend their scholarly experience through temporary positions or concentrate abroad projects. Numerous Universities offer scholarships to students abroad
Scholarships are made available for outstanding international students in undergraduate or postgraduate programs in Science at Queensland University. The University of Queensland values diversity and accepts applications from those who bring diversity to the university. The Science Faculty also wishes to encourage gender balance in its admissions structure.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is a public research university essentially located in Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth earliest university. UQ is known and regarded as one of Australia’s leading universities and is classified as one of the highest regarded in the world.
Additionally, scholarship projects, for instance, the Australian honors scholarship, don’t only cover the beneficiary’s educational expenses but will likewise cover the Travel costs and convenience in Australia.
How to apply for Queensland University Scholarships
The following are the application requirements for the scholarship:
- Submit an official UQ undergraduate or postgraduate program personally to The University of Queensland.
- Have a UQ Student Identification Number and an offer.
- Fill in the Science International Scholarship online application form. And then,
- Tender your Application by 5 pm (AEST) on that Scholarship’s closing date.