The Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships are merit-based Partial and fully-funded scholarships available to Indonesian and international students who wish to study at Universitas Gadjah Mada. The scholarships cover tuition fees, a monthly stipend, health insurance, etc.
Who Sponsors the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships?
Universitas Gadjah Mada sponsors the scholarship. The Universitas Gadjah Mada is one of the leading universities in Indonesia. It is located in Yogyakarta and was founded in 1949 to offer a wide range of programs at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence, and its graduates are highly sought after by employers.
Overview of Yogyakarta City
Yogyakarta is a city on the Indonesian island of Java. It is the capital of the Yogyakarta Special Region and was the Indonesian capital from 1946 to 1948. The city has a population of over half a million people. It is known for its traditional art and Culture and is a center of education and culture in Indonesia.
There are many schools in Yogyakarta, ranging from public to private. The quality of education is generally good, and student’s life is very exciting. There are many things to do and see in this city, and the cost of living is relatively low. You can find a variety of food options, as well as many cultural attractions. The nightlife is also very vibrant, so there is always something to do.
Scholarship offered at Universitas Gadjah Mada
The Universitas Gadjah Mada offers partial coverage and a full coverage scholarship. More information is given below
#1. GMIF Partial Coverage Scholarship
The GMIF Partial Coverage Scholarship at Universitas Gadjah Mada office nashik offers an opportunity to international students. Successful applicants will benefit from the following
- Waived tuition fee (four semesters for Master Program and two semesters for Double Degree Program)
- One semester for INCULS (Blended learning system)/ Indonesian Language Program only for students who enroll in the INCULS Program
- A Round-Trip International Airfare on a direct Economy Class.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Limited Stay Permit throughout the fellowship program
- Thesis research fund of up to Rp10.000.000 for the Master Program
Students must provide for their living expenses during their studies in Indonesia. The average cost of living in Yogyakarta is US210
#2. GMIF Full Coverage Scholarship
The GMIF Full Coverage Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship offered to international students from Africa, Latin America, Asia middle east, East Europe, and The Pacific. Successful applicants will benefit from the following
- Waived tuition fee (four semesters for Master Program and six semesters for Doctoral Program, two semesters for Double Degree Program)
- Living allowance expenses according to the rate of Yogyakarta
- One semester for the Indonesian Language Program/ INCULS (Blended learning system) applicable for students enrolled in the INCULS Program
- Four semesters for Master Program
- Six semesters for Doctoral Program
- A Round-Trip ticket- International Airfare (Direct Economy Class)
- Health Insurance coverage
- Limited Stay Permit (ITAS) throughout the fellowship program
- Thesis research fund of Rp15.000.000 for the Doctoral Program and Rp10.000.000 for the Master Program
The Gadjah Mada Scholarships are a range of partially and fully-funded scholarships available for students. In addition to the tuition fee coverage offered by the scholarship, students will have access to health insurance coverage, accommodation, monthly stipend, and even round trip ticket.
How Many Students Receive the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships?
No information is available on the number of students receiving the Gadjah Mada Scholarships.
The Gadjah Mada Scholarships is a partially and fully-funded scholarship available for National and international students at the Gadjah Mada Institute. Students enrolled in any course of study can apply for the scholarship offered by the institution.
To be able to apply for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships, all prospective scholarship candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Must be International Students
- Must be admitted to the master program or doctoral program at Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Hold a master’s degree for a doctoral program or bachelor’s degree for a master’s program applicant in Engineering, Medicine/Health, Science, Geography, Agriculture, Forestry, Economics, Law, Social Sciences, Animal Science, and Humanity, or related fields
- Impressive bachelor’s degree academic record (GPA of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale or any documents that proves the adequate academic qualification of candidates) for master program applicants
- Standard proficiency in English (TOEFL score of 450 for applying Doctoral Program or 400 for applying Master’s Degree
- Dissertation proposal for doctoral program applicant
Documents required for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships
Here are the documents that are needed to be submitted for the application for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships
- Colored photo in jpeg/jpg/png format
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume.
- Motivation letter
- At least two recommendation letters originated from the candidate’s school or institution (in pdf format).
- Scan of valid passport (including info page, ID page, front and back cover) in pdf format
- Legalized undergraduate certificate and transcript in English
- Guarantee letter from selected ASEAN universities or English proficiency certificate in pdf format
The selection for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships is primarily based on the applicant’s relevant work experience in the past three years and Academic performance through the bachelor’s degree program. After a month of application, successful applicants might be invited to attend interviews. The Universitas Gadjah Mada will carry out the admission and selection process.
What Field of Study is eligible for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships?
Any field of study is eligible to apply for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships in the institution.
Can Undergraduate Students Apply for the Universitas Gadjah Mada Scholarships?
No, undergraduate students cannot apply for the Gadjah Mada Scholarships. The scholarship is only meant for Masters and doctoral degree students.
Fees & Funding
Is Universitas Gadjah Mada a good school?
Yes, Universitas Gadjah Mada is a good school. It is one of the top universities in Indonesia and offers a variety of programs.
What is unique about Universitas Gadjah Mada?
There are a few things that make Universitas Gadjah Mada unique. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in Indonesia. It strongly focuses on research and has produced many world-renowned scholars. Likewise, the university has a beautiful campus with traditional Javanese architecture.
Why should I Study at Universitas Gadjah Mada?
There are many reasons to study at Universitas Gadjah Mada. The university is one of the oldest and most respected in Indonesia and offers various courses and programs. The campus is also located in the city of Yogyakarta, which is a popular tourist destination and has a lively student culture.
Why is Universitas Gadjah Mada famous?
Universitas Gadjah Mada is one of the most prestigious universities in Indonesia. It is known for its high academic standards and research excellence. The university has produced many notable alumni who have made significant contributions in various fields.
Does Universitas Gadjah Mada give good financial aid?
Yes, Universitas Gadjah Mada does offer financial aid to students. The financial aid available depends on the student’s eligibility.
To apply for the Universitas Gadjah Mada, all scholarship applicants must satisfy their eligibility criteria and prepare the documents needed to apply for the scholarship. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is the 20th of December, 2023. So, early application is advisable.