If you have never worked for a company and want to feel what it is like, consider participating in Unilever Internship in Singapore for cultural exploration and professional development opportunities. No matter which of these internship programs you choose, you will realize how well you’ll develop in only a few months.
Read on to learn more about the internship programs Unilever hosts in Singapore for undergraduate and graduate students.
Overview of Unilever Internship in Singapore
Unilever PLC hosts several internship programs in the Republic of Singapore. These include Unilever Leadership Internship Programme (ULIP), Unilever Future Leaders Programme (UFLP), and Gen-Next Internship Program. Undergraduate and graduate students can apply for these three internship programs, regardless of their country of origin.
Internship Programs Hosted in Unilever’s Office in Singapore
The following are the internship programs available to students at Unilever’s office in Singapore.
Unilever Internship Leadership Program (ULIP)
ULIP is an internship program that runs for three months, allowing students to work on real projects and get support from managers. Interning with Unilever via this program offers coaching opportunities.
Unilever Future Leaders Program – Experienced Professionals (UFLP EP)
This program creates possibilities for hastened professional development.
Gen-Next Internship Program
Unilever offers Gen-Next Internship Program to impact students’ career advancement positively.
About Unilever PLC
Unilever is an MNC consumer goods company with its center of operations in London, England. Its office in Singapore has been in existence since 1971.
The company has over 400 brands of personal care, home care, nutrition, ice cream, and beauty & well-being products sold in nearly 200 countries. These brands include Axe, Dove, Seventh Generation, Knorr, Rexona, the Vegetarian Butcher, Lifebuoy, LUX, OMO, Vaseline, Sunsilk, Sunlight, and Wall’s.
Besides, Unilever is renowned as the largest soap manufacturer in the world.
Recommended post: Writing a fascinating cover letter for a finance intern job.
Why Intern in Unilever’s Office in Singapore?
Aside from the fact that these internship programs help to gain work experience and hone your skills, here are their other benefits.
- The internship programs hosted by Unilever Singapore are remunerative. Therefore, you can expect a monthly stipend of 1,800 SGD.
- Unilever’s Singapore office facilitates its interns’ psychological and physical wellness by providing complimentary fitness memberships.
- Interning with Unilever PLC will fast-track your career development toward becoming a next-generation leader.
- These internship programs will enable you to build valuable relationships with experienced professionals.
- It will also allow you to experience working in an office and bring out your best.
- The program will influence your career success and make it easy for you to jumpstart.
Students who want to take advantage of these benefits must meet specific requirements, which vary depending on their preferred intern role.
Eligibility Criteria for Unilever Internship Programs in Singapore
To qualify for an intern job at Unilever Singapore, you must;
- Be studying in a recognized university anywhere in the world
- Have excellent time management, communication, and detail orientation skills
- Possess top-notch teamwork skills and be able to work independently
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with an intense passion for success
- Have superb critical thinking, computer literacy, and analytical skills
- Be available to work temporarily for Unilever for a period varying depending on the internship program
Have you met these requirements already? If so, take the steps spelled out below.
How to Apply for Unilever Internship Program in Singapore
You can apply online for the internship programs hosted at Unilever’s office in Singapore, provided you have an internet-enabled computer or smartphone. But first, the application process requires you to log on to Unilever Singapore’s careers website.
Afterward, search for an intern role that interests you and follow the prompts to complete the online application process. If considered eligible, you will receive an interview invitation.
Unilever Internship Interview Questions
After applying for one of Unilever’s internship programs in Singapore, we suggest you prepare to attend your intern job interview by checking our article on various tips.
Undoubtedly, you will make more impact when you query your interviewer during your internship interview.
Here are some recurrent questions asked during internship interviews at Unilever’s office in Singapore.
- Why are you interested in this intern role?
- Tell me a bit more about yourself.
- What are your life ambitions?
- Can you tell me about your favorite Unilever brand?
- What was your greatest challenge in life?
- Why interests you in the FMCG industry?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- Recount a time you had to lead a team.
- Why would you like to intern with Unilever?
- Can you work under pressure?
- Describe a time you were in a challenging situation and needed to act swiftly.
- Talk about a time you demonstrated integrity.
- What can you bring to Unilever?
- Tell me about a time you failed.
- How do you deal with stress?
- How would you react if you were to collaborate with someone on a project with someone unwilling to do anything?
Related article: Adding the experience acquired during your internship on your resume.
Frequently Asked Questions about Unilever Internship in Singapore
How long does Unilever Leadership Internship Program last?
The Leadership Internship Program offered by Unilever in Singapore runs for three months.
Are graduate students eligible for internships at Unilever Singapore?
Yes, students enrolled in any graduate program can apply for intern roles at Unilever’s office in Singapore.
Can international students apply for Unilever Internship in Singapore?
Yes, non-Singaporean undergraduate and graduate students can intern at Unilever’s office in Singapore.
Do interns get paid in Unilever Singapore?
Yes, Unilever pays students holding intern positions in its office in Singapore. According to Glassdoor, the average monthly salary of Unilever interns in Singapore is 1,800 SGD.
Is work experience required to apply for Unilever Internship in Singapore?
No, you can express interest in any intern role at Unilever’s office in Singapore, even as a student with no previous work experience.
Interning in Unilever’s office in Singapore will enable you to gain international experience, live among culturally diverse people and see how different people do things. During your internship with the company, try to see festivals like Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali, Dragon Boat Festival, Thaipusam, and Lantern Festival.
Also, consider visiting tourist attractions, such as Clarke Quay, Fort Canning Park, the National Museum of Singapore, the ArtScience Museum, S.E.A. Aquarium, and Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Thanks for reading!