How to Apply for a Ubs Internship
The Ubs Internship Program is an Undergraduate Internship for those who want the most out of their summer. The UBS Investment Bank program is suitable for third-year or final-year undergraduate and graduate students who wish to experience working in one of the world’s leading financial services firms. Additionally, it’s open for students who want to understand the markets from the capital-raising stage to the disposal stage.
Overview of Ubs Internship
UBS is the world’s top premium global wealth manager with over 160 year’s history. The company aims to deliver on the promise of reimagining the power of investing and connecting people for a better world. UBS is proud of raising USD 175 million and reaching 5 million beneficiaries globally through client philanthropy in 2022.
As part of its dream to create a culture of success by connecting people, ideas, and opportunities, the company made the Ubs Internship Program for third-year or final-year students. The Ubs Internship program will give you a greater understanding and insight into the company as an employer and assist you in deciding your next career step following the internship.
The internship provides invaluable hands-on experience and insights into how UBS operates. The three months’ experience will help them possess product knowledge from internal and external partner meetings to assist their team. With this internship, you can plan team marketing events and materials.
Benefits of Ubs Internship
The Ubs Internship Program offers a range of perks for successful candidates, which include:
- Opportunity to interact with the equities platform to get an insight into the investor community views and trends.
- Access to presentations by WMA leaders to help you understand the industry, culture, and strategy.
- It’s a chance to work with experienced colleagues and build up your skills and experience.
- It’s a medium to assist with running an entrepreneurial business model and analyzing complex situations.
- It’ll allow you to work on projects that impact clients and know about structured products designed for their client’s funding and stake management needs.
- Lastly, it’ll help you to learn all about debt capital markets, such as corporate and emerging market bonds.
In case you need more benefits of internships, we have a good article here about how to apply for the Toyota Summer Internship.
Requirements for Ubs Internship
Candidates interested in Ubs Internship 2023 should satisfy the eligibility criteria to make the application successful. Most importantly, applicants should be able to plan, organize and make things happen before applying. To become an Ubs Intern, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be pursuing a first-degree major in a reputable institution or recently graduated.
- Must be able to analyze a problem, take a view, and come to a decision.
- Must present a letter from the university showcasing that the potential applicant is a bona fide student and require the internship.
- A composed resume with solid academic performance and campus involvement would be best.
- It would help to maintain a positive mindset with a can-do approach to gain professional experience.
- Must have a passion for developing a career in Wealth Management.
- You must be ready to learn about the capital market and with close attention to detail.
Ubs Internship application process
If you want to apply for the Ubs Internship 2023, applicants must apply through the Ubs career page. To express your interest in the internship program offered by Ubs, you must undertake the following steps one after the other.
Fill out the online application.
Firstly, you’ll submit your application and Resume after registering on the website. Once you complete the form, you’ll upload relevant certificates or qualifications such as your transcript, high school certificate, and cover letter.
Undergo the Virtual Interview
The next step is to have an interview with the hiring manager and share your academic experiences with the group.
As the last step of the Ubs 2023 Internship program, you’ll get a congratulatory message to begin your fantastic internship journey with Ubs. After that, you’ll start your interactive induction program.
Note that the application for the undergraduate internship program runs from September to December every year, and applications are on various dates throughout the year; thus, you have enough time to apply.
Ways to Succeed as Ubs Intern
The selection process for the Ubs Internship is tight; thus, you have to be ready when you get the opportunity. It requires applicants to have the ability to work in a diverse team.
However, when you succeed in the application process, there are several pieces of advice for you.
- First, ensure that you are not afraid to make mistakes. When you make mistakes, ensure that you learn from them.
- Then, ensure you write down everything you have seen or learned. You have the potential for a full-time offer, which will be helpful when given the job after the internship.
- Lastly, it would be best if you met as many people as possible. When you know people across departments, you’ll know the differences between sectors, teams, people, and routines.
Roles of an Intern at Ubs
The responsibilities of an intern at Ubs are enormous and vary according to different departments. Nevertheless, the primary duties of an intern are listed below:
- They support the delivery of management reports and analytics to enhance transparency and drive efficiency.
- Identifying areas of improvement and simplification within the company’s process value chain
- They contribute to providing M&A advice and execution, such as spinoffs, takeovers, exchange offers, takeover defense, and the formation of joint ventures.
- Interns will create a great network of peers through the many networking opportunities.
- Handling and resolving client inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the minimum GPA for UBS Internship?
It would be best to possess a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2 to be eligible for the Ubs Internship 2023. Apart from that, you must be ready to learn about the capital market and pay great attention to detail.
What are the objectives of UBS?
A prospective Ubs Internship applicant should know that the company is passionate about delivering global financial advice and the expertise that matters. It would be best to be prepared to help everyone on a path toward a brighter future.
What type of tasks would I be assigned as Ubs Intern?
Ubl’s interns will assist with providing training materials and host training sessions for the company’s risk methodology data scientists on emergency data science technology and best practices. With this internship, they’ll understand data science models and development fundamentals and interact with UBS risk methodology to understand their business problems.
How long is the summer internship at UBS?
The UBS Summer Internship is a ten weeks program where you’ll be a fundamental part of a team, working with experts and learning about the finance industry.
Ubs Internship provides an excellent opportunity for outstanding undergraduates and recent graduates to gain valuable and hands-on experience in the banking and finance environment. With the skills gained from the training, you’ll get equipped with knowledge about the business of finance from top to bottom. It’ll also allow you to support process coordination and interactions with various stakeholders.