The Twitter Internship Program is an Undergraduate and graduate Internship for those that want to TernUp their career. The program suits third-year undergraduate students who wish to use their knowledge to solve challenging problems. It’s also open to students who want to contribute to building a product that’s changing the world.
Overview of Twitter Internship
Twitter is a global social media Platform and service company based in San Francisco, California. The company aims to deliver on the promise of carrying out some of the most critical commentary and conversations and mobilizing people into action. The company made the Twitter Internship Program for third-year or graduate students to create a culture where everyone is empowered to bring their complete skills to work. The Twitter Internship program will allow you to connect with Twitter Interns from around the globe for twelve weeks.
The internship provides a career development platform for individuals interested in contributing to product quality on all levels. The 12-week experience will help them gain direct exposure to the company’s day-to-day. With this internship, you’ll be able to network at many intern social events, including #InternForGood volunteer opportunities.
Benefits of Twitter Internship
The Twitter Internship Program offers a range of perks for successful candidates, which include:
- Opportunity to build a strong network and take a vacation with sick leave
- Have access to Development workshops and fun virtual social events.
- It’s a medium to take on Mentorship opportunities with the company’s Business Resource Groups and former Terns.
- It’ll allow you to network with Tweeps and interns across the globe.
- Lastly, it’ll help you access an online platform for self-help courses, personal coaching, and licensed therapy.
In case you need more benefits of internships, we have a good article here about how to apply for the Spotify Summer Internship.
Requirements for Twitter Internship
Candidates interested in Twitter Internship 2023 should satisfy the eligibility criteria to make the application successful. Most importantly, applicants should have passion, potential, and experience before applying. To become a Twitter Intern, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be pursuing a major in engineering, business, sales, marketing, or a related field in a reputable institution.
- Must have programming and test automation experience, strong CS fundamentals, and API testing
- Must be at least 18+ and eligible for a full-time role following the next & final year of school or upon completion of the internship
- Possessing experience building tools and frameworks to support front-end and back-end testing by writing code to ensure Twitter produces high-quality software.
- It would help maintain experience taking on complex problems, learning quickly, iterating, and persisting toward a reasonable solution.
- Must have a passion for consistently exceeding goals, a solid drive to beat targets, and an incredible work ethic.
- Must be ready to complete the entire virtual 12-week internship program.
Twitter Internship application process
If you want to apply for the Twitter Summer Internship 2023, applicants must apply through the Twitter career page. To express your interest in the internship program offered by Twitter, you must undertake the following steps one after the other.
Fill out the online application.
Firstly, you’ll submit your application and Resume. Once you complete the form, you’ll upload relevant certificates or qualifications such as your transcript, high school certificate, and cover letter.
Undergo the Virtual Interview
The next step is to have an interview on the phone with the hiring manager and share your benefits with the group in the first round. The second round will be through a video conference.
As the last step of the Twitter Summer 2023 Internship program, you’ll get a congratulatory message to begin your fantastic internship journey with Twitter.
Note that the virtual internship program timeline application is divided into summer (June – September) and fall (August – December); thus, you have ample time to apply.
Ways to Succeed in the Twitter Internship application process
The selection process for the Twitter Internship is tight. It requires applicants to have the ability to work in a global, cross-functional, and collaborative team.
However, to succeed in the application process, there are several steps you can take.
- First, ensure that you must be prepared to demonstrate a solid drive to beat targets and an incredible work ethic.
- Then, ensure that your Resume is current and showcases your ability to think creatively and critically and communicate fearlessly.
- Lastly, the two academic references in your Resume should be able to speak to your skills and experience. It’s advisable to contact them in advance so that they can talk about your Logical, data-driven, and strong quantitative background.
Roles of an Intern at Twitter
The responsibilities of an intern at Twitter are numerous and also vary according to different departments. Nevertheless, the primary duties of an intern are listed below:
- Collaborating with the Sales teams to understand client objectives, recommend best practices, identify accounts for growth, sell strategically, and position the sales team for success.
- Supporting critical product adjacencies such as advanced measurement and analytics features
- Delivering value to Twitter Sales teams through solid analytical abilities and subject matter expertise in performance marketing.
- Interns will collaborate with colleagues to create new Beta product launches.
- Supporting sustainable product adoption and revenue growth for performance advertising
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What qualifications are required to apply for Twitter Internship?
You need to be a minimum of 18+ and currently enrolled in a three – four-year academic institution working on an undergrad, master, MBA, or Ph.D. degree. to be eligible for the Twitter Internship 2023. Apart from that, you must be able to work remotely.
How does an Applicant prepare for a Twitter interview?
A prospective Twitter Applicant should prepare for the virtual interview by researching Twitter and its product. You should also prepare very well for the video conference.
What type of tasks would I be assigned as a Twitter Summer Intern?
Twitter’s interns will assist in doing comprehensive testing, including functional, integration, end-to-end, and other types of testing. With this internship, they’ll identify growth accounts, sell strategically, and position the sales team for success. Additionally, interns will get to work with mentors on actual Twitter projects.
Is there any financial support available as a Twitter Summer Intern?
Interns at Twitter get financial support in the form of a monthly stipend. The company also provides a Monthly Day of Rest and leadership exposure. It’ll help to cater to your cost of living.
Twitter Internships provide an excellent opportunity for young undergraduates to gain valuable hands-on experience in the tech environment. With the skills gained from the training, you’ll get equipped to solve some of the industry’s most complicated problems. It’ll also allow you to understand the power of giving strategic support during all phases of the sales cycle.