How to Apply for a Tesla Internship Program
An internship with Tesla could be precisely what you need to start your tech career right now. Whether you are an undergraduate, a graduate, or a Ph.D. student or want to pursue expertise in any discipline, you can still apply for an internship with Tesla. The Tesla internship can be accessed by the following countries: the United States, Canada, Europe, and several Asian regions. It’s also an excellent opportunity for anyone to travel for free worldwide. You can find out all you need to know about the internship and the numerous chances it offers by continuing to read.
Tesla is an electric automobile manufacturer and clean energy company led by billionaire Elon Musk. Tesla is known as the biggest seller of electric vehicles; it’s Model 3 sedan, launched in 2017, is the world’s all-time bestselling plug-in EV, having over 800,000 before the start of 2021. In 2020, the Company sold its one-millionth car, a milestone for Tesla, founded in 2003 as Tesla Motors. The Company manufactures and distributes solar panels, solar roof tiles, and related products and services through its subsidiary Tesla Energy. Tesla Energy is one of the biggest global suppliers of battery energy storage systems and is a favored installer of solar energy generation systems in the United States. Now is getting set to release its futuristic electric Cybertruck soon, and things are looking up for Tesla.
Overview of Testla Internships
Tesla is committed to hiring exceptional and competent people from around the globe in any industry. They have a world-class squad adopting an unconventional product development strategy emphasizing strong technical engagement, multidisciplinary collaboration, and an easy organizational structure at all levels.
Interns at Tesla can work on various projects that contribute to the Company’s overall goals and objectives. Their hiring strategy is tailored to match students with teams and projects that qualify for their areas of skill and interests.
Benefits of Testla Internships
You’ll enjoy multiple benefits from an internship at Tesla, including one-on-one mentorship, comprehensive healthcare, transportation support, participation in an employee stock purchase program (depending on eligibility), discounted merchandise, fitness programs, and more.
Suppose you live further than 50 miles away from your designated Tesla work site. In that case, you will be entitled to a relocation stipend. Tesla also offers housing for selected interns at Gigafactory Nevada.
On top of that, training and mentorship will be provided to get you up to speed so that you can align yourself with the standards and work ethic expected of a full-time worker at Tesla. Many interns at Tesla end up being hired as full-time workers.
Expected Salary of a Tesla Intern
You should not apply for an internship at Tesla just based on the money they provide their employees; you will be disappointed. If offered training with Tesla, you should expect modest pay compared to other tech giants such as Google or Amazon. According to CNBC, Tesla interns are paid a median monthly salary of $4,500, which is low compared to similar large firms. The experience is worth the pay cut because the job is rewarding, and everyone contributes significantly.
Students whose academic institution is 50 miles or more from their employment placement are eligible for a relocation allowance and a paycheck from Tesla.
Duties of a Tesla Intern
The following are some of the responsibilities that a Tesla intern is expected to perform:
- Interns are expected to promote the Company’s mission by working on various projects.
- During the recruiting process, students are matched with teams and projects that suit their interests and experiences.
- Duties vary depending on the Company’s current employment demands, but they usually involve important initiatives and participation.
- Interns are expected to take on the job at the same level of excellence as full-time workers.
- Interns are also required to aid in developing various people’s analytic talents and ensure the accuracy and quality of all products/reports.
- Interns will also be asked to troubleshoot high-priority production problems by conducting root cause analysis and putting short- and long-term solutions in place.
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for Tesla Internship
Some of the requirements are listed below:
- Full-time positions are encouraged for recent grads.
- You must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program or continue your study.
- Interns must be goal-oriented, resourceful, analytical, imaginative, intellectually curious, and prepared to take risks self-starters.
- Interns should have previous work experience related to the field would be beneficial.
- Candidates must communicate effectively verbally and have excellent time management skills.
How to Apply for Tesla Internship
Here is how to apply for an internship position at Tesla
- Research the Company by reading its mission statement and past work. Hence, familiarizing yourself with their values will help you write a more meaningful application.
- Review the open positions at Tesla’s official website. Once you have identified an opportunity that interests you, please create an account on their online portal where you can submit your application materials, including your resume and cover letter.
- After submitting your documents, Tesla will review your application and contact qualified candidates for interviews. To improve your chances of success, you must thoroughly prepare for the interview process and practice answering typical interview questions.
Tips to boost your Chances of Landing a Tesla Internship
If you’re hoping to land a Tesla internship, you must stand out by highlighting your skills and experience.
- The first step towards securing a Tesla internship is thoroughly researching the organization.
- Understand their mission, values, and goals so that you can tailor your application accordingly.
- Ensure you meet all the requirements in their job description and showcase how your skills align with their needs.
- Networking is another crucial aspect of increasing your chances of landing a Tesla internship.
- Attend industry events, connect with professionals on LinkedIn, and reach out to alums from your school who currently work at Squarespace or have interned there.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the internship program?
To have a great experience of what it means to work at Squarespace. The internship program is a 6 to 12 weeks internship program.
What does the interview process look like?
The interview process for each intern role varies slightly. The general interview process includes a take-home assessment, a technical interview, and a simple skills interview. For non-technical interns, the process will vary depending on the department. All interviews will be conducted virtually via phone or Google Hangouts. Your recruiter will keep you posted no matter what team you’re applying to.
Can international students apply for the Tesla Internship?
International students from nations and regions around the globe, including countries in Africa, can apply for these internships. However, they must meet the requirements for each scholarship they want.
What is the hiring process for Tesla?
There are a few basic steps to Tesla recruitment. They include applying via its application portal; reviewing applications; undergoing the global Tesla aptitude test, attending an interview; going through a medical examination; and finally, the final acceptance.
When Should I Apply for Tesla Internships?
All Tesla job vacancies in the United States are split into three seasons: spring/winter, summer, and fall. Tesla hires interns for different positions every year. Internships can run anywhere from 3 to 12 months, depending on the needs of the Company and the interns available.
Summer applications are announced in the early or mid-Fall of the preceding year. In contrast, Spring/Winter applications are published in the early or mid-Fall of the prior year.
The Tesla internship is a fantastic opportunity for young professionals seeking to gain nonprofit experience. This internship allows interns to gain considerable skills and knowledge to benefit their future career development. Therefore, those interested in improving the world should apply for this internship program to build the necessary skills and experience to advance their careers.