Deserving and meritorious domestic and international students from diverse African, Asian, and Middle Eastern nations are eligible for the Symbiosis International University Scholarships. The scholarship came into existence to give students equal access to education in line with the organization’s conviction that education is the only thing that can guarantee peace and understanding.
Symbiosis International University is eager to provide scholarships to students so they can benefit from the educational opportunities offered at Symbiosis. There is a consultation with the education ministries or embassies of the participating nations before providing the scholarships. The selection of scholarship applicants happens via close collaboration with these foreign governments.
Overview of Symbiosis International University
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) is a multi-campus private institution in the Indian city of Pune. More than 30 academic institutions dispersed throughout several campuses in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, Nagpur, Nashik, and Noida are part of the university.
The various campuses of Symbiosis International University embody its mission of “Promoting International Understanding through Quality Education.” Dr. S.B. Mujumdar came up with the concept of “Symbiosis” in 1971 after being greatly influenced by the ideals of “Vishwa Bharati” of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore and “Antar Bharati” of Sane Guruji.
Today, Symbiosis includes colleges, schools, institutes, and centers that offer training across various subject ranges. More than 85 nationalities, including all Indian states, are represented among its students.
Who sponsors the Symbiosis International University Scholarship?
Symbiosis International University
Overview of Maharashtra, India
Maharashtra is a state in western India’s peninsula that takes up a sizable chunk of the Deccan Plateau. It is also the second-most populous country subdivision in the world and the second-most populous state in India.
The majority ethnolinguistic group in Maharashtra comprises Marathi speakers, and Marathi is the state’s official language. The state has six divisions and 36 districts, with Mumbai serving as the state capital and the most populous city in India. Nagpur serves as the winter capital and is where the state legislature holds its winter session.
Manufacturing, international trade, mass media (television, movies, video games, recorded music), aerospace, technology, petroleum, fashion, apparel, and tourism are the main drivers of Maharashtra’s economy.
Opportunities for Study and Scholarships at Symbiosis International University
Below are the different funding opportunities available at Symbiosis International University
1. NHFDC Scholarships for students with Disabilities
The Scheme’s goal is to allow financially disadvantaged students to enroll in accredited institutions for professional or technical training so they can find employment or self-employment.
This program aims to empower students with disabilities by encouraging them to enroll in professional or technical courses, as well as numerous skill-development programs, by offering scholarships and other financial aid. The scholarship scheme will award 2500 scholarships annually to students with disabilities around the globe. Girls will qualify for a 30% preference for scholarships.
2. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
This scholarship scheme gives deserving students from low-income families financial aid to cover some of their living expenses while pursuing higher education. The Ministry of Education, Government of India, awards scholarships based on student’s performance on the Higher Secondary / Class XII Board Examination.
For students pursuing graduate or postgraduate degrees in colleges and universities and professional courses like medical, engineering, etc., a maximum of 82,000 new scholarships are available each year. The scholarship scheme awards Rs. 12,000 per year at the graduate level and Rs. 20,000 per year at the postgraduate level. Students enrolled in professional programs and taking a five-year or integrated program would receive Rs. 20,000 per year in their fourth and fifth years.
3. Symbiosis International Scholarship
The Symbiosis Society Foundation provides funding for the Symbiosis International Scholarships, which are available to eligible international students from different African, Asian, and Middle Eastern nations. The Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) Office, in collaboration with the Symbiosis Society Foundation office, oversees the administration of all scholarships.
While choosing candidates, the Scholarship Committee will preserve a gender balance and include students from various backgrounds. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for the awards.
The following scholarships are available for each Afro-Asian nation under this policy:
- One Partial 50% Academic Scholarship: For Post-Graduate Program at Any SIU Institute.
- One full academic scholarship (100%) is available for an undergraduate program at any SIU institute.
- One 50% Academic Scholarship: For Undergraduate study at any SIU Institute.
- Two Partial Academic Scholarships for Undergraduate Programs at Any SIU Institute (25%)
These awards pay tuition costs only. The student is responsible for additional academic expenses.
- Partial or full payment of on-refundable fees
- Students will receive a maintenance allowance
- Virtual Counselling
- Computer Studies
- Health Sciences
- Media & Communication
- Architecture & Design
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Program Management
- Business Administration
- Architecture & Design
- Students admitted to a college to pursue technical or professional courses through a competitive test are still eligible for the scholarship.
- Only “Foreign Nationals” are eligible for Symbiosis International Scholarships. Non-resident Indians (NRI) and holders of Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cards are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Possess a passport that is valid for travel abroad.
- Must have earned a qualifying grade of at least 75% in 12th grade (for undergraduate programs) and a qualifying grade of at least 60% in graduation (in case of Postgraduate programs).
- Candidates must have passed their most recent qualifying exam and own their results.
- Have taken a conducted English Proficiency Test. IELA Test or an IELTS test administered by the British Council with a minimum band of four or a score of six.
- Must meet the program’s unique qualifying requirements, if any.
- Mark sheet for 10+2 (12th grade) and grades for “O” and “A” Levels for undergraduate students
- Diploma Certificate (for undergraduate students)
- Certificate of Completion, University-issued Provisional Degree Certificate, or Degree Certificate (Only for post-graduate students)
- International Passport
- A passport-sized photo
- Clarification of Goals: A summary of the student’s characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses that will affect their schooling.
- A letter of recommendation from the relevant country’s ministry of higher education or its embassy or high commission in India
- Proof of annual income must contain the parent’s or guardian’s most recent pay stub, an acknowledgment of income tax, and an income certificate from a revenue official or a public representative, such as an MP, MLA, MLC, or a Panchayat official;
Fees & Funding
Can I alter my categorization from International/SAARC to General or the other way around?
You may seek to switch from the International / SAARC to the General category, but there won’t be a reimbursement of your program expenses paid. Additionally, you must submit photocopies of your current visa and proof of address with the difference in program costs in INR or USD (according to the specified conversion rate) to effect the switch.
Do students receive medical insurance coverage at Symbiosis International University?
Students have access to medical insurance through the group insurance program. According to the Mediclaim Insurance Policy, the student receives insurance for hospitalization up to Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 1,000,000 in the cases of non-accidental emergencies and rail or road traffic accidents.
Does any governmental agency approve the courses available at Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)?
Yes, SCDL’s Management programs receive AICTE approval for each academic year.
- To submit an online application, go to the application portal
- Complete the online application
- Upload all the necessary supporting documentation
- Fill out the online form and read the terms and conditions.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Press the submit button.
- The application form should be printed out, signed, and dated.
- Complete the international scholarship application form, then print it out.
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist: Pune, Maharashtra, India Pin: 412115
Phone: + 91 20 28116200
Email: [email protected]