No matter which country you live in, Spotify Internships should be available there to facilitate your career advancement in a business or technology field. These internship opportunities are open to students and recent graduates of all nationalities. They allow interns to meet with industry experts, gain relevant work experience, and learn new skills.
This article will make you understand how to apply for an intern role at Spotify, including its requirements, benefits, etc.
Let’s get rolling.
Overview of Spotify Internships
Spotify offers a range of internship programs to bring about the career advancement of students and recent graduates in many countries. Its Global Summer Internship Program is the largest of its internship opportunities, allowing students to join its business and technical teams.
Spotify hires interns in its global offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Applications for Spotify Global Summer Internship open every winter. They last for 10 to 13 weeks in the summer.
Spotify is a digital music service company founded in 2006. It has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is among the largest music streaming providers in the world. While Spotify has over 490 million active users monthly, it has 205 million paid subscribers.
Moreover, Spotify has more than 100 million songs and five million podcasts. More than half of its users and subscribers live in the United States and Europe.
Helpful post: Top Information Technology internships in the United States.
Why Intern with Spotify?
The following are the benefits of participating in Spotify Internship Programs.
- Working as an intern in any of Spotify’s offices provides an opportunity to contribute to major projects. You’ll also be able to work with passionate teams.
- Interning with Spotify will also enable you to acquire up to 13 weeks of relevant work experience.
- You’ll get to improve your skill set while working for the company.
- This internship program will help you build valuable relationships with industry experts.
- Spotify Internship Programs are financially rewarding. Expect a stipend of US $5,000 per month.
If you’ve decided on the internship program or role to express interest in at Spotify, consider meeting the requirements below.
Eligibility Criteria for Spotify Internships
Before applying for an intern role at Spotify, ensure you fulfill the following requirements.
- Must currently be studying to earn an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree in a related field. Alternatively, you must be a fresh graduate of an accredited higher education institution.
- Must be a great communicator
- Must be ready to handle multiple projects, depending on the team’s needs
- Must possess top-notch problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must hold valid work authorization from the US government to intern in the United States
After satisfying these requirements, follow the instructions below to complete the online application process.
How to Apply for Spotify Internships
No matter which Spotify office you want to work in as an intern, the application procedures are the same. It requires logging on to Spotify’s webpage for student opportunities. Once the page opens, click Explore All Opportunities button.
Then click your preferred intern position. After loading the page, click the Apply Now button to begin the online application process. You will have to upload your resume or CV during the process.
Finally, click the Submit Application button.
Recommended article: Adding your intern experience to your resume.
Spotify Internship Interview Questions
Each student seeking intern roles with Spotify must pass a series of interviews during the winter and spring months.
As you prepare for your intern job interview, the following are some recurrent questions to practice ahead of your interview.
- How would you react to your API calls stopping to respond?
- What aspects of this position would you like or not like?
- Talk about your educational background, abilities, and interests.
- Why do you want to intern with Spotify?
- What is Spotify’s revenue breakdown for Free and Premium users?
- What is the organizational culture like in your previous workplace?
- Tell me a challenge you’ve encountered and how you overcame it.
- Explain what happens when you type a URL in a computer’s internet browser and click the Enter button.
- How is cohesion different from coupling?
- Are you okay working outside your comfort zone?
- How would you launch a new product in a new market?
- Do you know our products well? If so, please tell us about it.
- What are you bringing to Spotify that others can’t?
- Are you experienced with music licensing?
- Talk about a moment you had to demonstrate your leadership skills.
Aside from practicing these questions, check out some questions to ask during your intern role interview.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spotify Internships
Who can apply for Spotify Internships?
Spotify Summer Internship Programs are open to all degree-seeking students and fresh graduates, no matter their subject area. Hence, persons pursuing an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degree or are recent graduates can apply for internship programs at Spotify.
Do Spotify Internships have an application deadline?
Yes, there is a timeframe to apply for an intern position at Spotify. The company will only accept internship applications submitted before the deadline.
Can international students apply for Spotify Internships?
Yes, students and graduates of all nationalities are eligible to work as an intern in any of Spotify’s offices worldwide.
Do Spotify interns get paid?
Yes, Spotify compensates students and new graduates working as interns in its offices worldwide. For instance, the average monthly salary of Spotify interns in the US is about $5,000.
What is the duration of Spotify Internships?
Yes, the Global Summer Internship hosted by Spotify in many countries runs for 10 to 13 weeks.
Choosing one of Spotify’s internship programs and dedicating your time and passion will give you a competitive advantage over others in the labor market. Most importantly, you’ll gain relevant work experience, develop your skill set, and have a professional network.
So apply today to ensure you gain a good head start in your career!