Abu Dhabi’s Sorbonne University Both domestic and international students planning to pursue a degree at the college may apply for scholarships. The institution provides these scholarships to assist the students in achieving academic success.
The Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi Scholarships are available to students who have excelled academically and those who have shown a need for financial assistance. Under the condition that the students retain exceptional academic standing, these scholarships are renewable.
To qualify for the benefits promised by the Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi Scholarships, applicants must meet the scholarship criteria.
Overview of Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi
Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi is In Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. This university founded on October 7, 2006, in both French and English, undertakes programs in both languages.
The top students from the UAE and around the globe attend Sorbonne Abu Dhabi, a higher education school. Sorbonne Abu Dhabi offers the best in global higher education. It came into existence due to an agreement between Sorbonne University in Paris and the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Who sponsors Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi Scholarships?
Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi
Overview of Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi is the capital and second-most populous city in the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is the first. It serves as both the hub of the Abu Dhabi Metropolitan Area and the capital of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The vast majority of the city and Emirate is n the mainland connected to the rest of the nation. The city is home to the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, which in 2021 ranked as the fifth-largest sovereign wealth fund globally. Over a trillion dollars in assets are being managed in Abu Dhabi alone by several sovereign wealth funds with their headquarters in the city.
Abu Dhabi, the largest Emirate in the UAE, occupies 80% of the country’s total land area. The Emirate of Abu Dhabi has developed into a vibrant hub and a solid participant in different business and economic spheres because of the leader’s vision and the wealth of oil and natural gas reserves, making it a genuine rival in the international arena.
Opportunities for Study and Scholarships at Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi
Below are the different funding opportunities available at Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi.
1. HH Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan Scholarship for Emirati students
Emirati nationals and children of Emirati mothers accepted into Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi are eligible for a full scholarship for their Bachelor’s programs, which covers tuition and other relevant costs (and Foundation year, if any)
Students currently enrolled in high school may apply through NAPO, while recent grads may do so on the Apply Now page.
2. Academic Excellence Scholarship
Beginning with the second semester after enrollment
• 25%–75% Scholarship for Academic Excellence
Students may be eligible for the academic excellence scholarship offered on a semester-by-semester basis based on their SUAD academic performance from the previous semester. A special scholarship is available for the second semester of the Foundation Year. The scholarship program has a graduated scale of awards (from 25% to 75%, with a minimum average grade requirement).
For first-semester enrollment
• A 15% tuition grant for the first semester after joining
- Following the guidelines below, new enrollees with stellar high school grades are eligible for the award during their first semester of study. They qualify for the 25%–75% academic excellence scholarship program beginning with the second semester.
- 90% in the advanced stream or 95% in the general stream in government schools
- American system: a minimum average of 90% and CGPA of 3.6 out of 4.0
- British system: “A” or better in three “AS-Level” subjects or “A” in the corresponding “A-Level” topics, plus “B” or higher in six “O” level subjects
- A minimum average of 85% for SABIS
- International Baccalaureate: IB diploma requires a minimum overall score of 5 out of 7; three topics must be at the upper level.
- A minimum average of 14 out of 20 for the French Baccalaureate
25% scholarship for academic excellence
New members are eligible for a 25% tuition scholarship beginning with the first semester. Applicants must fulfill one of the requirements listed below to be eligible:
- average CGPA for bachelor’s degrees of 3.6 or above or an equivalent
- with a final grade point average of at least 15/20
- Bachelor’s degree with high honors
- Despite their average grades, candidates graduate at the top of their class.
- To keep the scholarship for the upcoming semesters, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 14/20.
- For programs taught in English, you must have an English proficiency level of at least 7.0 on the IELTS or 94 on the TOEFL IB.
- Partial tuition cost for a full-time undergraduate and postgraduate study
- Some educational stipends and allowances
- Applied Foreign Languages
- Economics and Management
- French Literature
- Geography and Planning
- History of Art and Archaeology
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Philosophy and Sociology
- Records Management and Archival Science
- Management and International Business
- Archaeology and Cultural Heritage
- Banking and Finance
- Environmental Sustainability Law and Policies
- Health Economics
- Business Law
- Marketing, Management, Communication, Media
- Urban Planning and Development
- The student demonstrates extraordinary talent in both the arts and academics.
- Evidence of a need for money
- Hold a university admissions offer
- Enrolled in a degree program
- Uphold the standards for satisfactory academic progress that the institution has established.
- Possess a DELF B2, DALF, TCF, SELFEE, or another recognized language competency exam, or have a French baccalaureate.
- College transcripts
- Intentional statement
- English language proficiency certification
- A statement of finances
- A copy of the acceptance letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Report on medical fitness
- French baccalaureate DELF B2, DALF, TCF
- International passport.
Fees & Funding
How much does it cost to secure a spot in the applied program?
You must pay the administration and tuition fees as soon as you receive the acceptance notice to secure your spot.
What language or admission exams must I pass?
There is no SAT requirement at Sorbonne Abu Dhabi. However, students who do not have a French baccalaureate or did not complete their undergraduate studies in French must pass a DELF B2, DALF, TCF, SELFEE, or another recognized language competence exam to enroll in an undergraduate program. Before starting French instruction, students will take a placement test to assess a student’s skill level.
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 or an IELTS score of 6.0 is necessary for postgraduate degrees.
Am I eligible for a discount at Sorbonne Abu Dhabi if I have a sibling enrolled in a degree course?
Yes, each sibling will receive a 10% discount. The siblings who receive a scholarship grant will not receive a discount. Please contact the Finance Department to obtain a payment schedule including discounts for postgraduate programs.
Will Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi refund me if I do not continue with a degree program?
Yes. The University will return the entire sum paid, excluding the deposit, if you decide to drop out before the start of the academic year (non-refundable). The number of your fees if you withdraw after the beginning of the semester will depend on how much time you spent on campus or in student housing. More specific information is available here.
- Check the program’s prerequisites and eligibility conditions.
- Sign up online
- and upload all required files
- Examine and finish your application.
- Send your resume in
Hazza Bin Zayed St – Al Reem Island – Tamouh – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 656 9555
Email: [email protected]