It is still possible to begin your chemical and energy company career through the Sasol Internships. The company offers this skill-building program to eligible South African students passionate about learning the company’s business model. It is on record that more than twenty percent of the individuals that participated in the Sasol Internships have secured a permanent job in the company.
Sasol is one of the world’s leading suppliers of energy and chemical products, with operations in more than twenty countries. So, participating in an internship program allows you to work closely with experienced professionals and gain invaluable skills to help you excel in your career.
Sasol is a leading international integrated chemicals and energy company. It was established in 1950, with its headquarters in Sandton, South Africa; it is now a global leader in producing fuels, chemicals, and other products derived from coal and natural gas.
Sasol operates in over 30 countries and employs more than 33,000 people worldwide. Its core business focuses on producing fuels and chemicals from coal and natural gas and its operations in the exploration and production of oil and gas. It also provides technology solutions to customers around the world.
In addition to its core businesses, Sasol has invested heavily in research and development to grow its renewable energy portfolio. This includes investments in solar photovoltaic technology, wind energy, biofuels, hydrogen fuel cells, and other clean energy sources. The company’s commitment to sustainability reflects its actions to reduce emissions across its operations while investing in technologies that will help reduce global greenhouse gas emissions. The company has successfully achieved four Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which you can download the reports from the website.
Overview of Sasol Internships
Sasol strives to create an environment where interns can learn from experienced professionals in the industry while developing their skills. The company is committed to providing its interns with meaningful experiences to help them become successful professionals in their chosen fields.
The Sasol Internships are open to South African individuals from all backgrounds willing and ready to relocate to South Africa for the program and a few other locations. The program can last up to one year with competitive pay to make the program exciting and inspiring to the interns.
In addition, Sasol Internships are offered in numerous areas, as listed below:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Chemical Plant Operations
- Electronic-Telecommunications Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Instrumentation & Control
- Mechanical Engineering
- Maintenance Management
- Petroleum Engineering
Benefits of Sasol Internships
As an intern at Sasol, you will have access to the benefits listed below during your internship. Some of these benefits can span throughout your career.
- You will gain valuable work experience and build your professional network.
- You can work on meaningful projects, learn new skills, and get exposure to the corporate world.
- You will enjoy mentorship opportunities with experienced professionals who can provide guidance and advice on career paths.
- You will learn about business transaction mechanisms in the energy industry.
- Get feedback from your supervisors throughout your internship, which can help hone your skills and improve your performance.
- You will get exposure to the production mechanism of different chemicals
- Access to the strategies for achieving sustainable development goals in the energy sector
- You will learn about the methodology of cooperate social responsibility to host communities and young professionals.
Aside from the minimum age of Eighteen years, students interested in the internship program must satisfy the following criteria.
- You must have a valid Matric certificate
- You must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident
- You must hold a valid ID book/card
- Must have a degree or diploma within the selected discipline or in your final year level of studying
- Must know about Microsoft word and other computer skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language proficiently
- Must be unemployed at the time of application
- Must have a clean criminal record
As you prepare to apply for Sasol Internship, you must have the following documents :
- An up-to-date resumes
- A well-crafted cover letter
- Copies of your academic transcripts
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of South African citizenship
How to apply for Sasol Internships
Sasol internships application is a straightforward process. You should follow the steps below to apply for the internship seamlessly.
First, you must create an account on the Sasol website. After creating your account, you can view available internship opportunities and apply for those that match your interests and qualifications. You will need to provide personal information such as your contact details and educational background, as well as a resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in the internship.
Once your application is successful, Sasol’s recruitment team will review it. If they determine that you are a good fit for the internship, they will contact you to arrange an interview. After the interview, you may get a notification for an internship position with Sasol if they believe you are well-suited.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Sasol pay Interns?
The amount of compensation will vary depending on the specific role and location. But in general, Sasol offers competitive wages for interns. An intern can expect up to 572 Rands hourly, according to Glassdoor.com.
Do Sasol internships have an application deadline?
Yes, Sasol internships have an application deadline. The exact deadline varies depending on the specific internship program. You should always confirm the deadline with the company before submitting their materials.
Is South Africa a Country to visit for educational purposes?
South Africa is a great country to visit for educational purposes. It has a rich cultural heritage, and numerous attractions make it an ideal destination for students.
In addition to its natural beauty, South Africa is home to many world-class universities that offer excellent educational opportunities. Several top-ranked universities in the country, such as the University of Cape Town and Stellenbosch University, are consistently ranked among Africa’s best universities. South Africa has many research institutions and centers specializing in conservation, healthcare, science, and technology.
The Sasol Internships offer South Africans a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and experience in their chosen field. With a wide range of positions available, something is likely to appeal to everyone. It is an excellent way for students to gain the skills and exposure needed to launch their future careers. The diverse working environment makes it easy for interns to learn from experienced professionals and build strong networks. As a bonus, successful program completion may lead to long-term employment with Sasol.