Safaricom Technology Academy Internship: Apply Now
Safaricom Technology Academy Internship is one of the various internship programs hosted by Safaricom PLC for young Kenyans. This program helps degree-seeking students develop their skill sets in the technology industry. Aside from that, it offers a golden opportunity to acquire relevant work experience and make professional contacts.
With your expanded network and skills, you’ll realize good progress in your career. If you are prepared to take on this journey to jumpstart your career, this article will serve as your guide. It will give you insights into Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Program’s benefits, requirements, application process, and more.
Read on to learn more.
Overview of Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
Safaricom PLC offers a Technology Academy Internship Program to facilitate the skills development of degree-seeking students passionate about the technology industry.
This six-month internship opportunity focuses on helping students to grow their UI design, cyber security, network infrastructure, database administration, data science, and solutions architecture skills.
6 Things to Note about Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
- International students cannot use this opportunity to gain internship experience at Safaricom.
- Kenyan students can apply for this internship program, regardless of the degree they seek to earn.
- They are remunerative, no matter each intern’s performance.
- There is a preference for students with disabilities and female students during the selection of new interns.
- Call for students to apply for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Program occurs only once a year.
- Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Program requires students to work full-time. It runs from February to July and August to January.
Safaricom PLC is a leading mobile network operator headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. It specializes in data, voice, and SMS services, with over 42 million subscribers. The company also offers data, mobile money transfer, music streaming, cloud computing, and fibre optic services.
Safaricom has been in the business since 1997. The company, directly and indirectly, supports more than one million jobs.
Reasons to Choose Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
The following are the benefits of participating in the Technology Academy Internship Program.
- This internship program offers on-the-job training and learning experience. Hence, you’ll be opportune to know more about your chosen tech field.
- Being part of the program will also allow you to gain hands-on experience as you perform actual tasks and contribute to projects.
- You will receive financial compensation each month of interning with Safaricom PLC.
- The internship program will also enable you to enhance your skill set and build valuable relationships with technology specialists.
- It will also help you redefine your career objectives.
Recommended Article: How to get a good intern job in Kenya.
To harness the power of this Safaricom internship program, you must satisfy the requirements noted in the next section.
Requirements for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
The eligibility criteria for the Technology Academy Internship Program are as follows.
- Must be a Kenyan national
- Should currently be studying toward earning a technology or ICT-related academic degree
- Willingness to dedicate three months to the internship program during your school break
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Be ready to comply with instructions.
- Eagerness to gain professional experience and work in a corporate setting
- Must possess knowledge in at least one of these skill sets. i.e., data science, solutions architecture, UI design, network infrastructure, cyber security, and database administration.
- Must be able to challenge the status quo
Check out how to get a unique internship experience through Africa Internship Programs.
If you have fulfilled the abovementioned requirements, nothing else should be delaying you in expressing interest in this Safaricom internship program.
Application Procedures for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
To express interest in the Technology Academy Internship Program, sign in to Safaricom’s Career Portal, and click My Account Options. Also, click the New User button to begin the online registration process.
However, you must hold specific documents before applying for this internship program.
Document Requirements for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship
- A photocopy of your Kenyan National Identity Card
- A letter from your school to prove your enrollment and indicating that the internship is part of your graduation requirements
- A recent proof of criminal record and CRB Certificate obtained within the last 12 months
In addition, you must provide your bank account details and KRA PIN.
Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Interview Questions
If you seek guidelines in preparing for your intern job interview, see below for one.
Here are various questions to practice before attending your internship interview at Safaricom PLC.
- Brief me about yourself.
- How would you handle a difficult person?
- What is the full meaning of GSM?
- What motivates you the most?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me about a problem you once encountered and how you overcame it.
- What is your major achievement?
- What does LTE mean?
- Why should we hire you as a tech intern?
- What are your career objectives?
- What makes you exceptional in this Computer Age?
- How would you add value to Safaricom?
- What is an IP address?
- Talk about something great you’ve done that should make us hire you.
- What products and services do we offer?
- What skills do you possess?
Related Article: How to participate in Safaricom STEM Internship Program.
FAQs about Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Program
What is the duration of Safaricom’s Technology Academy Internship?
The Technology Academy Internship Program hosted by Safaricom PLC in Kenya runs for six months.
Is Safaricom Technology Academy Internship Program paid?
Yes, students working through the Technology Academy Internship Program will receive a monthly financial reward of KES 20,000.
Can foreigners apply for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship?
No, degree-seeking students who are non-citizens of Kenya do not qualify to participate in this Safaricom internship program.
Are graduates eligible for Safaricom Technology Academy Internship?
No, graduates are not eligible to apply for the Technology Academy Internship Program.
When is the application deadline for the Technology Academy Internship?
The latest date to apply for this Safaricom internship program is December 1, 2023.
Young Kenyans can apply for Safaricom’s Technology Academy Internship Program toward advancing their careers in ICT-related fields. With this article on your side, gaining industry-related experience, creating a professional network, and learning new skills will come easily.
For further information about this internship program or any other career advancement opportunity, contact Scholarships World’s team, and we will gladly assist you.
Thanks for reading!