Overview of Rotary Foundation Scholarships
The Rotary Foundation Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships available to students. They are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence and are committed to selfless service. Rotary Foundation Scholarships provide funding for students to pursue their studies at the world’s leading universities and other institutions of learning. The scholarships are available for secondary school, undergraduate, and graduate students.
In addition, the scholarships are renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study or two years of graduate study, depending on the student’s field and length of study. The recipients of these scholarships have become leaders in their fields, making a difference in the world.
However, not all applicants for this scholarship receive the award because the selection process is competitive; only those who meet the application deadline and the eligibility requirements get the prize with benefits. So let us take you through the application details and benefits of Rotary Foundation Scholarships.
Who sponsors Rotary Foundation Scholarships?
The sponsorship of the scholarships comes from the Rotary Foundation.
Overview of Rotary Foundation
The Rotary Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that supports the efforts of Rotary International to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
It was founded in 1917 by Arch C. Klumph, then president of the Rotary Club of Cleveland, Ohio, USA. The Rotary Foundation’s headquarter is in Evanston, Illinois.
Rotary Foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees and supported financially by Rotary members through annual contributions and bequests. The Foundation provides funding for the programs: Rotary Peace Fellowships, scholarships, clean water projects, and polio eradication. In addition, the Foundation manages the Rotary International Memorials program. The foundation spends a minimum of 7.5 million USD annually to finance Scholarships awarded to beneficiaries worldwide.
An overview of Illinois
Illinois is a Midwestern state in the United States of America. It is the 22nd most extensive and the second most populous of the 50 United States. Illinois has an area of 95,391 square miles (244,581 km2). It has a population of 12 million people.
Illinois is home to many major universities, including the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Chicago. The state’s economy is more on agriculture, manufacturing, and services.
In addition, Illinois is a great state for job seekers, with numerous opportunities available in several industries. From technology to healthcare, Illinois has something for everyone. The city of Chicago is the center for business and employment in Illinois, and also there are many other juicy job opportunities available in smaller towns throughout the state.
How many students benefit from Rotary Foundation Scholarships?
The foundation awards ten or more scholarships to students yearly.
What is the worth of Rotary Foundation Scholarships?
The total number of beneficiaries receives up to 7.5 million USD every year, and the scholarships are renewable for those who meet the requirements for renewal.
What do Rotary Foundation Scholarships cover?
The scholarships cover most of the under-listed needs: if not all
- Travel expenses (as specified in the Terms and Conditions for Rotary Foundation Global Grants)
- School supplies
- Tuition fees
- School fees and any medical health insurance required by the study institution
- Household supplies
- Language proficiency training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills)
- Local transportation expenses
However, the scholarship award does not cover the expenses or needs below:
- Expenses incurred before the application is approved
- Vehicles and related expenses
- Expenses for spouses and dependents
- Housing/living expenses in the home country during the scholarship period
- Taxes owed as a result of receiving the scholarship
- Medical care
- Personal travel
- Rotary related events
Rotary Foundation scholarships are open to students with a passion to pursue their academic career in the following courses:
- Peace building and conflict prevention
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Community economic development
- Environmental Sciences
Rotary Foundation receives huge scholarship applications beyond the funds to sponsor the awards. Therefore, reducing the number of applicants becomes necessary through a rigorous selection process that considers the applicants’ eligibility requirements and academic proficiency. So applicants of Rotary Foundation Scholarships are to satisfy the under-listed eligibility requirements:
Have a track record of excellent leadership skills and achievements
- Evidence of academic field or vocation achievements
- Demonstrate commitment to community service
- Have Well-defined and realistic goals
- Compelling and realistic ideas for advancing within their chosen field
- Sincerity about maintaining a lifelong relationship with Rotary after the scholarship period
Fees & Funding
Is Rotary Foundation a good charity?
Yes, Rotary Foundation is a good charity. It is a nonprofit organization that provides educational scholarships and grants to help needy people.
Is Rotary Club Republican or Democrat?
The Rotary Club is nonpartisan and does not support any political party. t is a service organization that brings together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service and advance goodwill and peace worldwide. The club has existed for over 100 years and has grown to include over 1.2 million members in over 200 countries.
What is the difference between Rotary Foundation and Rotary International?
The Rotary Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that supports the humanitarian and educational programs of Rotary International. Rotary International is a service organization made up of business and professional leaders who volunteer their time and resources to help solve problems in their local communities and worldwide.
The application process for Rotary Foundation Scholarships is not difficult though could be technical. However, you can have a successful application if you follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of the Rotary Club in your district to submit your details like name and email
- The district will process your details and send you an instructional email to create my rotary account.
- Then complete the application form, upload the necessary documents, and update your profile on the Grant page of the scholarship
Meanwhile, the non-English applicants should complete the application in their official language and English language.
Documents required for Rotary Foundation Scholarships
- Evidence of admission into any academic institution accredited by the Rotary Foundation
- Proof of academic records such as certificates or transcript
- Proof of any voluntary or capacity-building certificates
- Language proficiency test scores