RBC Capital Markets Internship – Summer Opportunities
The world of finance is exciting, and RBC Capital Markets Internship Program can be your ticket to venture into the sector. This summer, you can begin your career with an internship that offers hands-on experience in banking, sales, trading, and research. Whether a college student or a recent graduate, this program can provide you with the insights and skills needed to thrive in the competitive financial industry. Keep reading to find out how you can become part of this program. Learn about the eligibility criteria, benefits, salaries, and more.
About RBC Capital Markets
RBC Capital Markets provides investment banking products and services to institutions, corporations, governments, and high-net-worth individuals. It employs over 7,800 people across 70 offices in 15 countries, serving clients in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
RBC Capital Markets is a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, which was formed in 1869 and now has over $1 trillion in assets and 86,000 workers. The Royal Bank of Canada has one of the best credit ratings of any financial institution, and it is one of the world’s 15 largest banks by market value and one of the top five in North America.
The firm has had a dominant presence in Canada for many years, frequently dominating the country’s investment banking league tables. It has also been making inroads into the US and global league tables, recently ranking in the top 10 companies globally and in US and global M&A deal volume.
Overview RBC Capital Markets Internship
The RBC Capital Markets offers summer internships to recent graduates interested in kick-starting a career in the finance industry. The company’s internship program allows students to gain real-life experience while learning from and working alongside senior bankers and traders. In addition, the firm offers full-time staff extensive informal training and mentoring and the opportunity to work internationally.
The program typically lasts 10-12 weeks, including training sessions, networking events, and social activities. In addition, interns receive ongoing feedback and mentoring throughout the program to help them develop their skills and careers.
The company also values diversity and seeks to attract candidates from various backgrounds and experiences.
Benefits of RBC Capital Markets Internship
Here are the benefits of joining this program:
- You will have access to cutting-edge technology and software tools used by top financial firms worldwide.
- You will be given real-world projects to work on that will challenge your abilities and allow you to build your portfolio.
- By joining the RBC Capital Markets internship program, you will benefit from a supportive, collaborative work environment fostering growth and development.
- Plus, the compensation and remuneration are highly competitive.
Read Also: How to apply for open Internships and the benefits.
- You must be enrolled in a university program focusing on business or finance.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Relevant work experience or extra-curricular activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
Intern Salary at RBC Capital Markets
The salary and bonus are competitive with other banks. For example, interns at RBC Capital Markets earn an average of $5,132 monthly.
- No paid parking.
- No private annual medical.
- no gym reimbursement.
How to Apply for the RBC Capital Markets Internship Program
To apply for RBC Capital Markets Internship, follow the application steps below.
- Visit the RBC Capital Markets Internship website.
- Read the program information and eligibility requirements carefully to ensure you meet all the needs. On this page, we have listed several criteria.
- Prepare the necessary documents, which include your cover letter, resume, letter of motivation, and two letters of Recommendation.
- After preparing your documents, complete the application form with your personal and academic details. And ensure you upload your Cover letter, resume, and other necessary documents.
- Please, remember to submit your application by the deadline. The RBC Capital Markets Internship deadline fluctuates, so check the website for the most up-to-date information.
- You will receive a confirmation email after logging into your application. Sometimes, you must wait for the selection committee to consider your application. If chosen, you will be notified by email.
- Congratulations! If you are accepted.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply when openings are posted. Please check the career webpage for information as per the deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly are RBC Capital Markets?
It’s a global investment bank that provides financial services to corporations, governments, and institutions worldwide. Their internship program offers students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various departments such as equity research, sales and trading, investment banking, and more.
But what sets RBC Capital Markets apart from other investment banks?
For one thing, their commitment to diversity and inclusion – they were named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for several years in a row. Additionally, they strongly emphasize work-life balance and offer interns mentorship programs and networking opportunities.
What is the duration of the RBC Capital Markets Internship program?
The program usually runs for 10-12 weeks during the summer months. Interns who are impressed during the program may be retained. Retention rates are incredibly high when compared to most other businesses. Because RBC is rapidly expanding (unlike most other local banks and every European bank), it is an excellent place to begin a career.
What’s involved in the application process?
The RBC Capital Markets is a rigorous and highly competitive process requiring you to submit resumes and cover letters. After that, you may be invited to participate in several rounds of interviews with RBC Capital Markets recruitment team members. If you succeed enough to make it through all these stages, you will be offered an internship position at RBC Capital Markets.
Suppose you have stuck with us until the end of this page. You should already be aware that the RBC Capital Markets internship is an excellent way to obtain valuable hands-on experience in finance. Hence, this program is a great place to start if you want to advance your career. Don’t hesitate to share this opportunity with a friend; you never know how valuable this program can be. GoodLuck.