If you are an undergraduate or graduate student eager to gain insight into how investment banks operate, your success in the PJT Partners Internship hiring process can be the route to such desire.
PJT Partners is an experienced mergers and acquisitions advisory firm that provides services to some of the most successful companies in industries across the globe. Therefore interning at this organization will provide real-world experience by working on projects within the firm’s core businesses: mergers and acquisitions, financial restructuring, and strategic advisory services.
Let us take you through the eligibility requirements, benefits, and other details to make you succeed in the competitive hiring of the PJT Partners Internship Program.
Overview of PJT Partners Internship
PJT Partners offer students the platform to hone their skills and experiences in investment banking operations while connecting with the stakeholders in the industry to explore other career opportunities. The internship program begins with in-depth training in the organization’s mode of operation, culture, and ethics before the internship proper.
PJT Partners Internship starts in the summer, during which the undergraduate interns work as Summer Analyst and the graduate interns as Summer Associate. The program lasts at least ten weeks and up to one year, with the interns working full-time on varying schedules that make the program exciting and engaging.
As an intern, you will work on transactions such as sell sides, investments, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, and strategic advisory. You can also attend workshops, collaborative meetings, and other career engagements. So it is impossible to find a dull moment at PJT partners. Instead, every day comes with motivation, especially with a competitive stipend and other perks.
PJT Partners has numerous vacancies for internships at different locations like Boston, Houston, New York, San Francisco, etc.
About PJT Partners
PJT Partners is an independent financial services firm that provides advisory and capital markets services to corporations, private equity firms, and other investors. It was established in 2015 through a merger of the advisory arm of the Blackstone Group and PJT Capital LP. Its headquarters in New York City has ten (10) offices across North America, Europe, and Asia.
The firm’s services include mergers & acquisitions (M&A) advice and execution; restructuring & reorganization; capital raising; corporate finance; and strategic consulting. PJT Partners also offers a range of specialized products such as private placements, public offerings, leveraged buyouts, debt financings, structured finance solutions, and more.
PJT Partners has a team of experienced professionals with expertise in various industries, including healthcare, technology media & telecoms (TMT), energy & power, consumer & retail, industrials & chemicals, financial institutions, and more. They are committed to giving clients excellent advice on their most important strategies.
Benefits of interning at PJT Partners
These are some benefits you will enjoy while interning at PJT Partners.
- You can also attend networking events and other activities that can help you further develop your career prospects.
- You will learn how to draft client presentations and memoranda for internal and external use.
- You can improve your problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills through meaningful assignments, duties, and client engagements.
- You will have access to cutting-edge resources deployed to achieve excellent results in the PTJ partner’s operations.
- You will also get exposure to various departments within the firm and build relationships with senior staff members.
- You will enjoy competitive pay, flexible working hours, and access to professional development resources.
- You’ll gain invaluable knowledge and skills to help you stand out when applying for jobs or pursuing higher education opportunities.
Requirements for PJT Partners Internship
PJT Partners offer numerous internship programs for different categories of individuals making the eligibility criteria vary. However, the requirements below are the general ones every applicant needs to fulfill.
- You must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- You must have exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- You must have your resume in a PDF format with the year of your graduation specified.
- You must apply for the internship before the application deadline.
- You can find the specific requirements for each internship role in the job description.
How to apply for PJT Partners Internship
The application procedure for the internships takes the following steps:
- You visit the career section of PJT Partners to select a suitable internship role.
- Complete the PJT partner’s internship application form with your details, including a valid and functioning email address.
- Attach your resume and manually type why you should be considered for the internship program, then submit.
The next stage is to complete the PJT Partners “Suited” Assessment. You begin the assessment by creating an account with the email used for the internship application. Then you answer each survey question from the beginning to the end. Once you complete it, a badge will appear to mark an end to the assessment. There is no need for the submission button.
Note that “Suited” is an A.I.-powered driven screening tool that uses assessments to holistically and objectively measure traits and characteristics that can better predict success at PJT.
After completing the application process, the recruitment team will notify you for an interview. It would be best to prepare for the interview by researching the company’s priorities, vision, and mission. You can also network with past interns to gain insight into the interview.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much do PJT Partners pay interns?
The amount interns earn at PJT Partners depends on their qualifications, experience, and location. However, you can expect 120,000 USD and above yearly.
What is the application deadline for the PJT Partners internship?
The application deadline for the PJT Partners internship varies depending on the position and location. Generally, applications must be submitted by early to mid-February to be considered for the summer program. However, most positions have the application deadline under the job descriptions.
How can I make my application stand out for PJT Partners internship?
Making your application stand out for a PJT Partners internship requires you to demonstrate that you have the skills and qualifications to succeed in the position.
First, ensure a strong resume highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications. Include any internships or jobs demonstrating your knowledge of the organization and any courses or certifications related to the role.
Second, ensure your cover letter or statement of purpose captures the company’s values, vision, and mission, also how your skills and experience can move the PTJ Partners forward.
Third, be fully prepared for the interviews so that you can confidently answer questions about yourself and why you would be an excellent fit for the role. By taking these steps, your application will stand out from other candidates.
PJT Partners Internship offers competitive compensation, real-world experience, and access to some of the most experienced professionals in the field. We encourage you to apply for the program and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. Ensure you use the tips provided to submit a compelling application. The internship is offered in several locations worldwide, so there are plenty of opportunities to find one that best fits your needs.