Are you looking forward to interning at one of the most extensive food and beverage companies around the globe? If yes, the Pepsico Internship will be the right choice.
With branches all over the continent, Pepsico offers interning opportunities for motivated students interested in understanding the workings of a successful company. The internship is widely available for undergraduates and graduate students across all the departments in the organization.
This article will walk you through the benefits, overview, responsibilities, eligibility criteria, and how to apply for the opportunity. Keep reading!
Pepsico is a multinational company in America known for manufacturing snacks, food, and beverages. Its headquarters is in Harrison, New York, and its branches are all over the globe to oversee its product distribution, production, and marketing.
Pepsico’s product has been enjoyed by consumers from far and near and has generated more than 64 billion dollars in revenue. Its product portfolio includes enjoyable food and beverages from about 22 brands, generating more than 1 billion dollars annually (estimated).
Overview of Pepsico Internship
The Pepsico Internship is available for undergraduate and graduate students with a can-do attitude and eagerness to experience a multinational company’s operation. The opportunity runs for ten weeks and is available for students in diverse fields.
You will be provided with an induction schedule where you will gain knowledge of the company’s techniques. Also, you will benefit from the seminars and learning sections the organization offers.
Pepsico Internship positions
Pepsico has many exciting positions across different fields of study. If you want to join the sales team, you must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Also, you will need good negotiating skills to negotiate deals with potential customers and sell Pepsico products.
On another note, if you want to join the marketing team, you will function as one of Pepsico’s brand teams. During this time, you will learn how to plan campaigns and sell Pepsico products to consumers. In addition, you will meet with agency teams and create ideas, as well as assist in the execution of projects for consumers to see.
Benefits of Pepsico Internship
The internship opportunity at Pepsico will help you learn how to create a professional network of doers, thinkers, and makers. You will grow your skill sets, discover new ones, and refine existing passions. Also, you will get professional feedback from honest experts to help you shape your career.
In addition, your internship position at Pepsico will look perfect on your resume, as it will give your future employers an impression of your excellent capabilities of working in a multinational company.
Responsibilities of Pepsico Interns
The followings are the duties and responsibilities that you may have to undertake as an intern at Pepsico:
- Perform a daily analytical test on the quality assessment of the product.
- Ascertain that data reports are fully completed, and the analysis results are sent to the appropriate office.
- Make sure the equipment is calibrated and well-maintained.
- Prepare the lab for internal and external audits.
- Carry out troubleshooting processes to facilitate data accuracy and improve the quality of results.
- Efficiently stock requirement control.
- Enhance project management with a focus on improving the quality of production quality.
- Take responsibility for projects format that is specific to the laboratory
- Carry out HACCP monitoring
- Ascertain compliance with AIB, food safety, and other relevant quality standards.
- Assist in auditing AIB and FSSC 22000, including new projects and trials.
- Be available for project meetings.
Eligibility Criteria and skills needed for the Pepsico Internship
To thrive as a Pepsico intern, you must exhibit the following character and meet the eligibility criteria below.
- Have a tremendous intellectual curiosity and the drive to challenge the usual way of doing things.
- Be passionate about the company’s mission, customer satisfaction, personal development, and sustainability.
- Eagerness to grow in your career and aspire to be an outstanding future leader
- Bring creativity to the company by breeding new thoughts and ideas for the brand.
- Be proactive and independent, having the ability to work without supervision.
- Display a can-can-do behavior and the drive to take on significant challenges.
- Demonstrate resilience and perseverance in the pursuit of goals.
- Ability to take up ethical behaviors and responsibility towards the organization’s suppliers, customers, and others.
Documents Requirements for the Pepsico Internship
Here are some of the documents you need to apply for the Pepsico Internship
- Preparing a compelling cover letter is non-negotiable to applying for the internship program. Ensure that the letter you draft has information on your motivation to join the company as an intern, including how you intend to contribute to the company’s development.
- Provide an up-to-date resume with information on your educational qualification, academic qualification, experience, etc.
- Get at least two recommendation letters from professional bodies who can testify to your positive attitude to work and eagerness to learn new things.
How to apply for the Pepsico Internship
Applying for an internship at Pepsico is almost as easy as applying for any job position in the company. Below are the stepwise guide to making an application.
Step one: Browse for job openings
As a potential intern at Pepsico, the first thing to do is to browse for any job openings. The openings you search for must align with your field of study and, likewise, your location. These factors are essential because you will want to obtain work experience that aligns with your career goal and is also situated in an area that is easily accessible for you.
Step two: Study the job position
Once you find an internship opening of interest, study the full job description, check out the position’s responsibilities, and note how they may be accomplished. Then decide if it is the ideal option for you.
Step three: Make an application
You can apply online if the job opening and position match your interest. Use your candidate zone to input your details and to give answers to pre-screening questions.
Step four: Submit application documents
Carefully prepare the application documents to apply for the Pepsico Internship. The list of documents you need to design has been provided above. However, contact the company’s recruiting team for additional documents you must submit to apply for the internship position.
Step five: Complete your application
You must complete your application before the deadline. Hence, apply as soon as possible. You can check your application status using your candidate zone.
Note that with your candidate zone, you can get updates and contact the company’s recruiting team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Pepsico supply chain intern do?
A supply chain intern at Pepsico will assist in developing and analyzing business processes and supply chain matrix. Also, they will report their findings to the management and other teams. They will all work on a large project while managing effort and time without needing constant supervision. In addition, they will learn to develop reporting tools and various statistical models for making reports.
Why work in Pepsico?
There are many reasons why Pepsico is an ideal place to work. Their excellent work culture makes it possible to be yourself during work. You will be able to voice your opinions without fear or disregard. The organization also awards entrepreneurial spirit and celebrates diversity. Likewise, it gives freedom to help shape the future.
What is Pepsico’s scope of activities?
Pepsico’s activities encompass all sectors of the beverage and food market. It has overseen its products’ marketing, distribution, and manufacturing since its foundation in 1965 during the merger of Frito-lay Inc and Pepsi cola company.
How is work-life balance in Pepsico?
The work and life balance at Pepsico is fantastic. The company prioritizes employee welfare, makes you feel important, and sees you as an asset. The organization makes interns and staff feel very fortunate to work in the company.
What perks do Pepsi employees get?
All employees of Pepsico have access to many Perks and benefits. Some of these include
- Paid Holidays / Vacation
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Sick Leave
- Casual Dress/Atmosphere
- Education/Training/Tuition/Certification Reimbursement
- Flex-Time / Flexible Schedule
With the Pepsico internship, you will gain valuable experience in the food and beverage industry, build your resume, meet new people, network, and enjoy all the perks and benefits of working in an established organization. So, don’t hesitate to apply for this opportunity; apply today.