Do you look forward to interning in one of America’s best multinational computer technology corporations this summer? If yes, the Oracle Summer Internship is your best kick.
The company has a history of providing undergraduate and postgraduate students outstanding learning opportunities. You will improve your skills and meet with experts in cloud computing solutions, enterprise software, etc.
In this article, you will learn all it takes to intern at Oracle, the benefits you enjoy, the available internship positions, your responsibilities, and much more. Read on
Oracle is a multinational technology company that is based in the United States. The technology company offers a complete and comprehensive integrated stack of cloud applications, engineered systems, and platform services. Some of the products developed by the organizations are Cloud services (Java Cloud services, for instance), database management systems, and cybersecurity solutions for managing identity.
It is of note that oracle is a widely accepted and preferred choice for businesses worldwide related to enterprise-level software solutions. Also, it offers training courses, support services, and digital transformation consultancy to ensure a user-easy experience for all its client.
Overview of Oracle Summer Internship
The oracle summer internship is available for MBA and high school students interested in participating in its programs. The internship cut across marketing, sales, data science, finance, human resources, database, etc.
It is available for students regardless of citizenship. So, whether you live in South Africa, Romania, Nigeria, India, or anywhere else, you can take hold of the summer internship at Oracle.
Available internship position at Oracle
Below are some of the list of different positions you can apply to as an oracle summer intern
- Product Development Internships
- Software Engineer Intern
- Product Manager Intern
- Oracle Technical Intern Program
- UNCF Scholars Program
- Oracle Veteran Internship Program
- Corporate Internships
- Cloud Engineer Intern
- Developer Scholars Program
- Data Scientist Intern
- User Experience Intern
- Military Affiliated Veteran Employee Network (MAVEN)
- Hardware Engineer Intern
Benefits of Oracle Summer Internship
The Oracle summer Internship offers many benefits for interested and eligible applicants. The list below is some of the advantages you can enjoy.
- Professional development
- Learning from expert
- Meeting new people
- Compensation (of up to $41 to $50 per hour)
- Work experience
- Resume development
- Dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Duties and responsibilities of oracle summer interns
Some of your responsibilities and obligations as a summer intern at Oracle will encompass the following points below.
- Ensure all milestones, tasks, and components are completed. Some jobs to complete are not limited to design specifications, project reviews, functional specifications, quality assurance, configurations, and data migration.
- Work together with client and internal project teams on specific tasks.
- Assist in gathering information with clients to spell out business processes and the requirements for solutions.
- Collide with the implementation team to check the current state of the client’s business processes, existing systems, and challenges.
- Work with the project team lead to implement systematic solutions.
- Team with the implementation team to make and execute testing scenarios.
- Work with end users to define, identify and create customized dashboards, reports, and KPIs
- Support client questions and issues, taking a swift approach to troubleshooting and providing resolution.
Eligibility criteria and requirements for the Oracle Summer Internship
To successfully apply for the oracle summer Internship, you must meet the following conditions
- Good interpersonal and excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively in a fast-paced workplace.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from supervisors or faculty members.
- Prepare to submit a cover letter, letters of recommendation transcripts, etc
- Have relevant skills or experience in the company’s products.
- Be a full-time student in a degree-awarding institution.
- Provide a well-written cover letter and an official transcript
- Also, include a resume that is tailored specifically for the internship application.
How to apply for the Oracle internship summer Internship
The following is the stepwise guide to help you apply for the Oracle Internship Summer Internship:
Step one: Provide relevant documents
The first thing to do is to provide the relevant documents needed for your application. The documents you must provide are listed in the eligibility criteria section of this prose. If you have them ready, proceed to the next step.
Step two: Start your application
To get started, check the Oracle website and hit the -apply here- button for the list of available internships on its official internship page.
Step three: Check the internship requirements
Choose from the available programs on the internship page. Note that you must read all the requirements for the specific internship you’re going for to be sure you are eligible to apply.
Step four: Select a program
Choose a program that suits your interest and click the apply now button. You will see an application form that asks for specific personal information regarding your career goals, educational background, and skills. Fill out the form appropriately and submit it for approval.
Step five: Prepare for the interview
Once you receive a notification of the approval of the application, you may be scheduled for a personal or phone interview.
Step six: Attend the Interview
If the Oracle summer internship recruiting team sees you as the ideal candidate for the internship position, you will receive congratulatory feedback from them. So, attend the interview and discuss this internship opportunity further. Also, you will get further instructions on how and when to begin your internship.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Oracle pay interns?
As of 2023, the mean salary for all oracle interns in the United States is approximately $38.09 per hour. Which is the same as saying $79,234 a year. In addition, you will enjoy all the benefits and perks associated with working in the company.
What happens in an Oracle Internship?
When you opt for Oracle summer Internship, you will get experience in different business areas that encompass data, technology, logistics, sales, and human resources. Also, you will meet many dedicated individuals in the software community.
Do interns get hired in Oracle?
More than 50% of United States interns have been hired by their organization or company. Also, about 14% of interns in the United States are offered a part-time job position after completing their internship. At the same time, 80% of interns get extended job offers at their companies.
Is it hard to get a job at Oracle?
Undoubtedly, Oracle’s hiring process is somewhat long and rigorous. However, once you get into oracle as an employee, you can change groups and positions. Also, your salary is going to increase as your experience does. However, the company is significant, and it is sometimes hard to determine who is doing what.
Which software company is best for an internship?
Aside from Oracle, the following are the top 8 best software companies where you can intern
The Oracle summer internship program undoubtedly offers unique opportunities that will make a difference in your career. We have provided the information you will need to thrive in the organization. Therefore, apply as soon as possible as the position is highly competitive.