If you are curious to know your expectations from Netflix Summer Internship Program or what the application process is like, this article will clear your strange feelings and make you understand why you should intern with Netflix.
The program is best for students who want to start a career in Information Technology or marketing. You can also participate in this program to improve your knowledge and acquire relevant experience in corporate functions.
The internship program typically runs for three months, allowing you to gain in-demand skills and fast-track your career. Even though Netflix has offices in almost all countries, it hires interns only in its offices in the United States. Read on to learn more.
Overview of the Netflix Summer Internship Program
One of the world’s leading movie streaming service providers, Netflix, offers a 12-week summer internship program to enable students of accredited higher educational institutions to propel their careers. As such, you can intern with Netflix for an opportunity to handle critical business activities toward gaining relevant experience and growing your skills.
5 Things to Note about Netflix Summer Internship Program
- As a prospective intern, you can use Netflix’s summer internship to join its products & technology, content, marketing & publicity, games, or corporate functions team.
- They run for 12 weeks and are open to students enrolled in recognized institutions of higher learning, regardless of their nationality.
- Netflix currently hires students to assume intern roles in its offices in various areas of the United States. That means you cannot intern in Netflix’s offices outside the US.
- You will have to undergo three interview rounds before you can get an intern role at Netflix.
- This internship program also has financial benefits for all intern positions.
Netflix, Inc. is a streaming media company established in 1997 in Scotts Valley, California, USA. Its headquarter currently has its location in Los Gatos, California. It serves the entire world except for a few countries, such as Syria, North Korea, Mainland China, and Russia.
Netflix was the first streaming company to partner with Motion Picture Association. It has a workforce of approximately 13,000 employees.
Why Intern with Netflix, Inc.?
Participating in Netflix has many lifelong benefits, consisting of both financial and non-financial.
As there are many, here are the main reasons to choose Netflix Summer Internship Program.
- Interning with Netflix offers an opportunity to acquire the work experience and knowledge required to succeed as a newbie in the industry. In addition, you will have the chance to apply your studies to real projects.
- Internships are the easiest ways to secure permanent employment at Netflix.
Recommended Post: Guidelines to getting an intern role with employment offer.
- Through Netflix Summer Internships, you can also explore the diverse operations of Netflix, including its technical and business functions.
- You’ll be opportune to work with industry leaders and build relationships with them. Besides, they can mentor you on career-related topics throughout your internship with Netflix.
- It will help you develop your skill set, become more employable, and stand out in the labor market.
- As a summer intern at Netflix, you will receive a very high monthly remuneration, estimated at US$12,800.
Before you can assume a summer intern role to facilitate your career progression at Netflix, you must satisfy the criteria in the next section.
Eligibility Criteria for Netflix Internship in Summer 2023
To qualify for a summer intern role at Netflix, Inc., consider meeting the requirements below.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a valid US work authorization that does not restrict your internship.
- Be a college or university student pursuing a degree in journalism, communications, graphic design, marketing, or a related field.
- Completion of a coursework related to the intern role
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative and performing working environment
- Be able to comport yourself professionally when around Netflix movie stars.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage numerous tasks efficiently as assigned to you
- Be proficient in computer software and systems, including Slack, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
- Understand Netflix’s organizational culture.
You can now proceed with the application procedures below, provided you’ve met the abovementioned requirements.
How to Apply for Netflix Summer Internship 2023
To express interest in one of these summer intern jobs, log on to Netflix’s career webpage and navigate to the team you wish to join. Then, keep following the prompts to apply for your preferred role.
You’ll have to pass three interviews, including a take-home assessment, to intern with Netflix during summer. You can only advance to the next stage of each interview based on your performance. Hence, ensure adequate planning for your internship interview, as the interviewers will assess your attributes and skills.
Tips to Succeed in your Netflix Summer Internship Interview
The following are various ways to improve your chances of winning a summer intern role at Netflix, focusing on the interview rounds.
- Another way to increase your chance of getting a summer intern role with Netflix is to wear corporate clothing with black or brown shoes.
- Your interviewer shouldn’t be the only one doing all the asking. Thus, we encourage you to ask questions during your internship interview, especially clarifying questions.
Be open to feedback
- Assuming your interviewer provides you with feedback during your internship interview, you should think carefully about it to ensure giving an impressive response.
Arrive early for your internship interview.
- It is also recommendable that you arrive promptly for your face-to-face internship interview. The best time for arrival is 30 minutes before the interview begins.
Related Article: Writing a cover letter for summer intern role.
FAQs about Netflix Summer Internship Program
Does Netflix offer an internship program?
Yes, Netflix offers a range of internship programs to hire students in fall, winter, spring, and summer terms. These programs will enable you to make good progress in your career and gain a head start.
Are Netflix interns paid?
Yes, students working as interns at Netflix offices in the United States receive reasonable financial compensation every month. According to Glassdoor, a website for free company reviews, the average monthly salary of Netflix interns in the US is $12,800.
How long do Netflix Summer Internships last?
Summer internships at Netflix usually run for 12 weeks and could be longer.
Can foreigners apply for Netflix Summer Internship Program?
Yes, international students can work as interns at Netflix’s office in the United States, provided they meet all requirements upon submitting an online application.
Is it hard to get an intern role at Netflix?
Yes, getting an intern job at Netflix, Inc. is challenging, as many students from different world regions compete for the company’s internship programs.
Interning with Netflix will be a great plus to your career, as it offers an opportunity to acquire invaluable experience, develop your skill set, and create professional relationships. Nevertheless, your nationality and race will not hinder you from working as an intern at Netflix during your next summer term. So what else is delaying you from participating in this highly beneficial program?