How cool is it to explore different roles in software development as a first or second-year student at college? Do you aspire to be a software developer? And are you currently majoring in a technical field like Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering? Apply for the Microsoft Software Engineer Internship. Learn more from this blog post.
Overview of Microsoft Software Engineer Internship
Microsoft Software Engineer Internship or Explore Microsoft is a summer internship program created for first and second-year college students. It is a 12-week summer internship that lets you try different software engineering roles at Microsoft. The rotational program allows students to gain experience in our different software engineering roles at the organization. In addition, students use it to gain hands-on experience using various tools and programming languages in software development. Thus, it encourages you to pursue degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical disciplines. Among other things, mentoring, community building, and networking opportunities, on-the-job learning is the few benefits of Explore Microsoft. More importantly, you can list your internship experience at Micrisft on your resume.
Applicants for the Explore Microsoft Internship must have the following qualifications. They include:
- Interested students must be in their first or second year of college and enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Applicants must be interested in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or a related technical major.
- Eligible students must have completed an Introduction to Computer Science course (or equivalent class) and one semester of calculus (or equivalent) by the program’s start.
- Students in their final year must be selected based on eligibility and demonstrated interest in the software industry.
- Applications from underrepresented engineering groups, including women, Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics, Veterans, and students with disabilities, will get a preference.
- In addition, you must submit your resume with the following information and documents. They include your email address, school address & phone number, permanent address & phone number, intended major and expected graduation date. Your resume must be in the English language.
Only applicants and students who meet the requirements below can apply for a Microsoft Software Engineer Internship. They include:
- Local and international students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time program or course in a designated university in the US or abroad.
- All applications must be online.
- Only applicants who submit a complete application will receive the Internship.
- It is open to Bachelor’s, Master’s, MBA, and Ph.D. students in any accredited or designated university.
Internship departments at Microsoft
Apart from Microsoft Software Engineer Internship, students interested in the tech industry can apply for programs in other departments at Microsoft. Therefore, you can look for internships t the company in the following areas. They include:
- Programmer Writer Department
- Services Department
- Services Engineering Department
- Hardware Engineering Department
- UX Design Department
- Program Manager Department
- Product Planning Department
- Support Engineer Department
- Technical Account Manager Department
- Technical Writer Department
- Supply Chain Department
- Data and Applied Sciences Department
- IT Operations Department
- Finance Department
- Marketing Department
- Sales Department
Open internship positions at Microsoft
Eligible candidates for this program who meet the requirements above can apply for the following jobs at Microsoft. They include:
- Summer Internship, Account Management
- Intern, Production Editorial
- Accounting Summer 2023 Intern
- Student and CO-OP: Information Technology and Engineering
- Intern, Costing Analyst
- Intern – CSR
- Colleague Experience & Engagement Intern
- Market Research Intern (Remote) – Part-time
- Marketing Intern
- Engineering Ultrasound System Assistant Intern
- Internship – Financial Analyst
- Audit & Assurance – Co-op/Intern
- Quality & Technical Intern
- Logistic Warehouse statistical analysis Intern
- Co-op, Strategic Sourcing Analyst
- Summer Finance Internship
- Intern, Publicity
- Engineer Intern
- Winter- Customer Development Internship
- Human Resources – CO-OP (Fresh Graduates)
- Arts and Events Intern
- Digital and Information Technology (D&IT) Student
- New Ventures Strategy Analyst – Master Student
- Co-op, Procurement
- 2023 Manufacturing IT
- Sustainability Intern, Summer Student
Benefits of Microsoft Internship
The following are the benefits of a Microsoft Software Engineer internship. Therefore, participants will receive them. They include:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation benefits
- Travel allowance
- Health benefits
- Food and tours allowance
- Gain real-world experience
- Get mentorship from the best in your industry.
- Engage in leadership and career development programs.
- Build a lasting network with your pals and team leaders.
How to apply for Microsoft Software Engineer Internship
You must apply for the Microsoft Software Engineer Internship online. In other words, applicants for this program must visit the online application link for the Internship below.
Thus, if you meet the requirements above, visit the company’s website to discover the necessary information. They include the needs, skills, qualifications, and experience.
Tips about getting a Microsoft internship
The following tips will be helpful to applicants for the Microsoft Internship. It will provide them with information on how to get into this program. Therefore, consider them when applying for the program. They include:
#1. Research the company, industry, and job to discover the information you need for your interview.
#2. Learn new skills that will help you to carry out your duties well
#3. Tailor your application to suit the particular job you want at Microsoft
#4.Network with former and present interns at Microsoft
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Microsft a good company for an internship?
Yes, Microsoft is an excellent organization to intern with. It is a global organization with many headquarters and branches in more than 20 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Thus, it is a multinational company that accepts people from different backgrounds.
However, it uses its internship programs to prepare students and fresh graduates to excel in the tech industry.
What is the duration of Microsoft Internships?
The internship period at Microsoft is between ten and twelve weeks. However, some companies offer programs for a longer or shorter period. Usually, Microsoft Internships take place in the summer it winter. Some internships at the company take place throughout the year.
Can international students apply for Microsoft Internships?
International students can apply for the Microsoft Software Engineer Internship, provided they meet the qualifications and requirements above. In addition, they must possess the required skills and experience for the job. Plus, they must obtain a US internship or work visa.
Participants in the Microsoft Software Engineer Internship will get the valuable experience they will use to work in the future. It provides them with the skills to become the best in their profession. In addition, they will have time to explore other career opportunities at Microsoft and in the tech industry.
Above all, students can list their internship experience on their resumes. It will increase their chances of getting employment after graduation because employers will see they have the knowledge and skills to perform any task in their profession.