Lyft Internship – How to Apply
Lyft internship is a program that offers rising engineers a platform to build themselves to their dream height. The perfect candidates for this program must be studying Computer Science or a related course, and they can decide to participate in the internship during the Spring, Summer, or Fall. This means that the Lyft internship has a flexible duration for successful candidates.
About Lyft Company
Lyft Inc is a transportation network company in San Francisco, California, operating in cities in the United States and Canada. It develops, markets, and operates the Lyft mobile app, offering car rides, rental cars, motorized scooters, food delivery, and a bicycle-sharing system.
The Lyft company was founded in 2012 and has become one of the most popular ride-sharing companies in the world. Lyft has been praised for its user-friendly and innovative transportation approach and commitment to operating safely and responsibly. The company has also been instrumental in helping to reduce traffic congestion in cities and credited with providing employment opportunities to many people who would otherwise struggle to find work.
Overview of the Lyft internship program
Lyft’s Internship Program is designed to allow students to gain hands-on experience while contributing to meaningful projects with real impact on Lyft’s growing business. Interns are assigned to specific teams and have the opportunity to work on projects that are meaningful to the team while receiving mentorship and guidance from their team members. Throughout the program, interns have the opportunity to gain knowledge, improve their skills, and build their network by working side-by-side with the company’s top Engineers and their colleagues in the industry.
The summer, spring, or fall internships provide a collaborative environment that enables interns to speak about their fresh ideas and have a listening ear immediately. More so, interns will receive a competitive salary, paid vacation, and a generous bonus. They will have access to various activities, events, and career development resources. The company aims to provide interns with an experience that will help them better prepare for a successful career after graduation.
Lyft interns’ responsibilities
- Be responsible for your projects and check in with other team members throughout the day with your questions or updates.
- Leave the code better than it was before you found it
- Ensure you value reliability by testing (unit, integration, and load tests)
- Fully participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and disperse knowledge
- Be part of the continuous integration and deployment
- Go home with the knowledge and satisfaction that your day’s activity is improving the lives of every Lyft driver and their passengers.
Internship qualification and experience
To become qualified for application, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be pursuing or studying for a degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Have an additional semester to complete in school after the internship program.
- Be readily available during either Summer, Spring, or Fall of 2023
- Have a solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Be passionate about community, sustainability, and/or transportation
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Experience with real-time technology problems
- Participate in contributions to open-source projects
- Have experience working with database
- Demonstrate knowledge of solving real-time technology problems
- Have experience working with mobile development
- You must have previously worked with social networks
What are the benefits of interning at Lyft?
Interns at Lyft are already sure of a competitive salary because that is the company’s culture. Aside from that, one can enjoy other mouth-watering benefits as an intern at Lyft.
- 401(k) plan to help save for the future
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Sick leave and a generous paid time off
- Monthly commuter subsidy to help cover your transportation to work
- 20% off of all Lift rides
Number of interns needed
Duration of the internship program
Six to twelve weeks
Types of candidates needed to apply for the Lyft internship
The internship is open to qualified candidates from all countries
Venue of Lyft internship program
The Lyft internship program may take place in Nashville, TN, or other locations.
How to apply for a Lyft internship
To apply for a Lyft internship, you must follow these steps:
- First, visit the company’s career website.
- Select ‘Careers’
- Scroll way down to ‘University’ and click on it.
- From there, you can browse the available positions and apply for the ones that match your interests and qualifications.
The internships at Lyft occur in different locations like Canada, Mexico, and others. Furthermore, you will likely need to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. Your resume must be well-written to capture your qualification and experiences. Please, learn how to list your experiences on your resume. Also, you must have a compelling cover letter to accompany your application.
Also Read: How to get an Internship with no Prior Work Experience.
Once your application is received, the company will review it and determine whether or not to move forward with the process. If accepted, the company will contact you with further instructions to come in for an interview. While applying for the internship program, ensure you prepare for an interview. This process can seal your application and give you a spot in the company.
Also Read: 7 brilliant tips for writing a Follow-up Email for an internship.
Frequently asked questions about the Lyft internship
What kind of internships is available at Lyft?
Lyft offers internships in various fields, including Engineering, Data Analyst, Software Engineering, Supply Chain Data Analyst, Product Management, Design, Public Policy, Data Science, Finance, Operations, and more.
What is the application process for a Lyft internship?
The application process for a Lyft internship typically involves the following:
- Completing an online application.
- Submitting a resume.
- Participating in a phone or video interview.
- Completing a technical assessment.
What is the average length of a Lyft internship?
Most Lyft internships are 6-12 weeks in duration.
What kind of compensation is available for Lyft internships?
Lyft interns receive a competitive salary and are eligible for certain benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage.
What kind of work will I be doing as a Lyft intern?
The type of work you do as a Lyft intern depends on which team you join. Interns generally work on projects related to their field of study and have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
The Lyft internship program offers students and recent graduates a unique and rewarding opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an innovative and fast-growing industry. Each internship program in the company provides interns with the opportunity to learn and grow while making a meaningful contribution to the company’s success. So, with various positions available, the program becomes an excellent way to gain experience and build a strong foundation for different successful careers.