KMUTNB Scholarships: Eligibility, Application and Value
King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB) exists to provide engineering graduates with a global perspective on industry demands. Regarding this, it provides several scholarships, particularly for students in the engineering department. Among the scholarships offered are full tuition fee waivers and merit-based scholarships.
Who sponsors the KMUTNB Scholarships?
KMUTNB Scholarships are usually sponsored by the university or by the Thai Government. At the King Mongkut’s University of Technology, the Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS) also provides scholarships for foreign students.
With significant backing from the governments of Thailand and Germany, the Sirindhorn International Thai-German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS) was founded to advance engineering education, technology, innovation, and economic growth in South-East Asia.
King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB) is a Thai public technology university. The institution aims to promote scientific innovation and its industrial application with a concentration on engineering and applied sciences. It was once known as the Thai-German Technical School aka the North Bangkok Technical School.
Thailand’s capital city of Bangkok, the town of Rayong, in the country’s agricultural and industrial heartland, and the little city of Prachinburi in the northeastern region are all home to the university’s three campuses. It comprises two colleges, 13 faculties, and two graduate schools. From vocational certifications to doctoral degrees, KMUTNB provides a variety of degrees.
Overview of Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand is a Southeast Asian nation in the Indochinese Peninsula.
In addition to holding a high position on the Human Development Index, the nation was one of the founding members of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations). Its economy ranks 22nd in the world and is the second-largest in Southeast Asia. Thailand’s economy is categorized as being recently industrialized, with manufacturing, agriculture, and tourism as its three main industries.
In ASEAN, Thailand ranks third in terms of study abroad popularity. Between 1999 and 2012, the number of overseas degree students in Thailand rose by a factor of 9.7, from 1,882 to 20,309 students. The majority of foreign students come from close-by nations including China, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
What is the value of KMUTNB Scholarships?
KMUTNB Scholarships vary in their worth from year to year. The merit-based financial support scholarship that KMUTNB provides is a 20,000 Baht subsidy for eligible students.
What do the KMUTNB Scholarships cover?
The KMUTNB tuition fee waiver scholarship waives tuition for eligible candidates. The merit-based scholarship is divided into two;
- A full scholarship: The full scholarship covers the full tuition for the selected engineering program
- A financial support scholarship: This scholarship only provides a 20,000 Baht subsidy for English and international programs.
How many students receive the KMUTNB Scholarships?
The KMUTNB full tuition waiver scholarship is offered to twelve students with outstanding academic performance in the engineering program.
Fields of study eligible for KMUTNB Scholarships
The KMUTNB scholarships are particular for students in the faculty of engineering. Students studying the following programs in the following engineering departments are eligible for scholarships;
- English program in Electrical Engineering
- English program in Robotic Engineering and Automation System
- International program in Innovative Materials Engineering
- International program in Chemical Engineering
- International program in Aerospace Engineering
- International program in Mechanical Engineering
Can undergraduates apply for the KMUTNB Scholarships?
The full tuition waiver and merit-based scholarships are open to undergraduate students in the engineering faculty. The TGGS scholarships are available to international students pursuing their master’s or Ph.D. program at KMUTNB.
KMUTNB tuition waiver scholarship
Eligible applicants are those who fulfill the following admission requirements:
- You must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent
- You must be proficient in English
- You must have any of the following standardized tests: SAT with not less than 600 in Math, Physics, and Chemistry; A Level with not less than a B in Math, Physics, and Chemistry; IB with not less than six in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry; International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), or General Certificate of Education (GCE) with a minimum grade of C in at least 5 courses, including Mathematics and Physics.
- The English language qualifications acceptable are listed below: TOEFL (PBT): not less than 500; TOEIC: not less than 600; IELTS: not less than 5.0; K-STEP: not less than 55%; Students who are native speakers are not required to take the English language test
KMUTNB Merit-based scholarship
For the full scholarship:
- Students have a high school GPA of at least 3.00 (on a scale of 4.00)
- Students cannot simultaneously obtain other types of scholarships.
- At the time of submitting their scholarship application, students must have a TOEFL (PBT) exam score of 450 or above (or an equivalent score on another English standardized test).
For the financial support scholarship:
- Students are not permitted to obtain several scholarships at once.
- The grant is open to current program participants with cumulative GPAs greater than 2.85.
- The behavior of the students must be appropriate.
Fees & Funding
Are the KMUTNB Scholarships renewable?
Both the full tuition waiver and the merit-based scholarships are renewable every semester. The recipients however must maintain a GPA of 2.85/4 for the tuition waiver and a 3.25 GPA for the merit-based scholarships.
What is the tuition fee for KMUTNB students?
Thai students without any scholarships or fee waivers pay 30,000 THB for the undergraduate program, 60,000 THB for the master’s program, and 100,000 THB for the doctoral program. International students pay 85,000 THB for the undergraduate and master’s programs while the doctoral program remains 100,000 THB.
What is the ranking of King Mongkut’s University of Technology, North Bangkok?
Many independent academic rankings put KMUTNB in the top 40 universities in Thailand.
What is the language of instruction in KMUTNB?
All programs whether it is undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral, are taught in English which makes the university very accessible to foreign students. Non-native English speakers are required to take a standardized English language test to prove their English proficiency.
A committee from the engineering faculty selects candidates with exceptional academic achievements for merit-based scholarships. These scholarships are offered to qualified students in all engineering disciplines who meet specified criteria. Students are not required to apply for this.