Istituto Marangoni offers scholarships each year to the most talented students who want to work in the fashion, design, or art industries. These awards are available to help students rise higher in the fashion and design fields.
Talented young minds can apply for Istituto Marangoni scholarships for undergraduate programs offered in Dubai and at other institutions’ locations in Milan, Florence, Paris, and London. These scholarships are only available for use on campus at the institution. Winners of scholarships must reside in Dubai both before and after receiving their awards.
The university offers these scholarships to encourage interest in education. The scholarship recipients are picked based on their merit and achievement.
Overview of the Istituto Marangoni, Dubai
Istituto Marangoni is a top design and fashion school with a campus in Dubai. It is a creative mash-up of Italian legacy, UAE traditions, and foreign influences. The school in Dubai International Financial Centre, one of the city’s most dynamic lifestyle and cutting-edge neighborhoods, combines an innovative learning environment with Italian expertise to develop local talent and shape the future of the UAE fashion, design, and creative industries.
The goal of Istituto Marangoni since its establishment in 1935 has been to develop talent. Domenico Dolce, Franco Moschino, Alessandro Sartori, Rahul Mishra, and Rafael Lopez are just a few of the internationally renowned and award-winning fashion and design icons who attended Istituto Marangoni and graduated.
The Istituto Marangoni Dubai campus near Gate 8 at the DIFC provides students with a modern, stylish environment outfitted with all the facilities required by their industry. These include a drawing and sketching room, pattern and cutting room, fabric library, fashion and design book library, and an outdoor terrace. The Italian architect Giulio Cappellini oversaw the construction of the distinguished 1,050-square-meter campus and also designed furnishings for the school, including seats, tables, and sofas.
Who sponsors the Istituto Marangoni, Dubai Scholarships?
Overview of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is a country on the eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula in the southwest corner of the Arabian Gulf. It is the second largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) sharing borders with Abu Dhabi in the south, Sharjah in the northeast, and the Sultanate of Oman in the southeast.
The size of the emirate of Dubai is 4,114 square kilometers. The city of Dubai lies within the emirate and currently occupies a space of roughly 35 square kilometers; however, after completing the construction of the desert and the five artificial islands, this space is expected to quadruple. In the UAE, the emirate has the highest population density.
Around 71 percent of the population were foreigners. Dubai is the “capital of the UAE’s economy.” With its advantageous position and “extraordinary infrastructure,” Dubai has become a significant worldwide commerce hub that links global markets.
Opportunities for Study and Scholarships at the Istituto Marangoni, Dubai
Below are the different funding opportunities available at Istituto Marangoni, Dubai.
1. Green is the New Luxury
The Istituto Marangoni Dubai school is offering the “Green is the New Luxury” scholarship, which entails a 30% tuition fee deduction for the first year (the enrolment fee is always due) for one of the following courses: fashion design, fashion styling, fashion business, or foundation course in fashion. Any scholarship given in connection with a particular intake will not be immediately regarded valid for the intake after that, as it must first have the individual case-by-case approval of the Academic Committee and the Direction. Participants applying to three-year courses are only eligible for a tuition price discount for the first year of the program.
Candidates will need to submit a portfolio in which they will research and visually convey how they perceive the lifestyle topic “Green is a new Luxury.”
The creative portfolio should include the following sections;
- A key visual/cover image.
- A short description (200/300 words) to introduce the key findings.
- Inspirational fashion and design references.
- Evocative mood boards. -Material chart.
- Colour palette. -Styling references.
- A tag cloud (a list of key words).
The Initiative is free to join, and each applicant may submit a single application to the specified School by uploading the necessary paperwork to the specific Scholarship portal. Foundation in Fashion Course and Three-Year Courses
2. Istituto Marangoni, Dubai Scholarship
This award covers Undergraduate fashion and design programs. With a program for students submitting applications for the January intake, Istituto Marangoni strengthens its dedication to assisting and encouraging creative potential.
Best talents are eligible to take advantage of a discount by Istituto Marangoni Dubai as a convenience for enrolling in its courses. Scholarships are for tuition deduction (the enrolment fee is always due).
Students may request a reduction from their tuition of up to AED 20.000. (please, note that the enrolment fee is always due). The discount is available for Istituto Marangoni’s undergraduate and preparatory courses at the Dubai School of Fashion & Design.
For those applying to three-year courses: any deduction awarded applies only to the first year of the three years of study.
Other than the charges associated with the candidate’s internet network connection for accessing the service, which is the user’s responsibility, there will be no further fees.
Based on the papers submitted by the applicants, the Istituto Marangoni Scholarship Committee will decide who will get the award.
- Discount on tuition fees and other perks associated with residing in Dubai
The scholarship does not cover meals and domestic or foreign travel. The candidates must pay any other expenses out of pocket.
- Accessories and jewelry design
- Animation, 3D, and game design
- Arts and Restoration
- Creative and art direction
- Design strategy and management
- Fashion communication and management
- Fashion design and styling
- Fashion Business
- Graphic design and visual communication
- Interaction design and user experience
- Interior and spatial design
- New students accepted to the undergraduate degree program at Istituto Marangoni Miami.
- Students must submit a work portfolio demonstrating their ongoing development and artistic vision.
- Minimum 3.5 GPA in high school
- The top 15% of their high school graduating class must have graduated the applicants.
- From the start of the scholarship until graduation, you must maintain continuous enrollment; if you leave school for any reason, you must reapply for financial help when you return.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 after each semester.
- Satisfy academic standards as outlined in the official catalog.
- Candidates must be in excellent physical and mental health.
- At the time of registration at the university where they are accepted, applicants must additionally provide a medical certificate attesting to their fitness for study
- Unique Project
- Certified copy of grades from high school (transcript).
- Scan a passport.
- Signed Personal Statement (Letter of Motivation): In this document, you should outline why you want to be a part of the Initiative, how you want to further your career over the next few years, your objectives, etc (about 100 words).
- Language Diploma
- A letter of recommendation
- Health certification
- An academic resume
- Two contemporary passport-style pictures
Fees & Funding
How long does it take to apply?
After submitting all essential documentation for admission, approval of all applications will take about 15 working days.
Does an applicant need to submit a portfolio?
It is optional for students to submit a portfolio or work examples. To display their work, students applying for scholarships will need to submit a scholarship project that is akin to a portfolio.
Does the application require an Interview?
Yes, all applicants must submit an in-person or video interview and a 500-word or less personal statement explaining the benefits of attending Istituto Marangoni Miami for their future career in the fashion business.
- Fill out and apply online.
Istituto Marangoni, Dubai
677M+84F – Gate Village 8 Level 4 – Trade Centre – DIFC – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Phone: +39 02 39296500,
Email: [email protected]