Girl Rising Internship: Complete Guide
Do you want to work in a friendly, conducive, fast-paced environment? Do you want to be part of a team that works towards building the girl child? Apply for the Girl Rising Internship to create a better world for girls. You can work in different positions to gain much experience you need to develop your career.
Find out more information about this program in the lines below. You will learn about open positions, the requirements, steps, and tips on increasing your chances of getting this internship.
About Girl Rising Internship
Girl Rising Internship is a summer internship program for individuals who want to use the power of storytelling to change the way the world values girls and their education. It is open to college, sophomore, university students, and fresh graduates who want to build a better world for girls. Participants will use the opportunity to gain practical experience in various fields and departments at the organization.
Participants will acquire experience managing campaign outreach and working on a USAID-funded project. In addition, they will be part of a minor, creative, hardworking, and incredibly driven NGO team that serves to build a better world for girls through education and storytelling. More importantly, successful candidates will become part of e Girl Rising mission. They will raise awareness about the importance of educating girls in developing countries.
Day-to-day responsibilities of Girl Rising Interns
You will perform the following duties daily as an intern at Girl Rising. They include:
- Your number one job is to field requests to the appropriate members of the Girl Rising team, including maintaining ENGAGE inboxes.
- To support the ENGAGE team on all aspects of the project, including research, reporting, and drafting of program materials.
- To assist experts and teammates in identifying grassroots organizations in Girl Rising countries aligned with ENGAGE’s’ strategic objectives.
- Recognizing non-governmental organizations (NGOs) focused on girls” education with the most significant regional reach.
- You will help experts identify critical media outlets in countries where ENGAGE operates.
- Facilitating incoming and outgoing communications by organizations and individuals interested in partnering.
- To manage and organize essential contacts.
- To assist experts in researching various policy issues.
- Translating program materials between French and English.
- Plus, other projects and administrative duties as assigned to you by your superiors.
- Interest in girls/women development work, film, social campaigns, and film distribution.
- Resourcefulness and creative research skills are crucial.
- Experience with database management.
- Timeliness and organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable work ethic.
- Previous experience in an office setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Positive team player, honest, open, and has a sense of humor.
- Available 3+ days per week.
Benefits of Girl Rising Internship
Interns at Girl Rising enjoy many benefits. The organization uses them to attract more people to the place every year. Some of the reasons you must choose this program include the following:
- You will work in a fast-paced, friendly, and conducive environment
- You will work with a team that has the same passion as you
- Gain experience working with professionals and experts in the field
- Engage in projects and events that will help to build your career
- Get paid for the job you do
- Successful interns will join the Girl Rising Engage team
Open positions for Girl Rising Internship
Applicants for this program can apply for the following positions. They include:
- Research and Data Scientist, Global
- Director of Development, Global
- Future Rising Program Coordinator, Global
- Program Manager, India
How to apply
Applying for an internship in any big organization, including Girl Rising, is challenging. However, it will be easier for you to do the right thing and follow the correct steps. Thus, we have outlined the best guide for getting an internship in big companies like Girl Rising, even without experience.
Simple steps to get Girl Rising internships
Applicants for the Girl Rising internship can use the steps below to apply. They include:
Step 1. Before you start
You must visit the organization’s website to view open positions and find information about the most recent news & happenings at the company, its values, corporate culture, and services.
Step 2. Getting started
The next step is researching the jobs you want at Girl Rising and the location. Ensure you find out the requirements and skills needed for the job. They will be helpful when you write your cover letter for this internship.
Step 3. The application proper
During the application proper, you will create an online user ID, complete an application form with the correct details, and attach your documents, including your resume, transcripts, references, and others.
Step 4. Get a notification
You will get an email from Girl Rising as a confirmation for applying for the internship. Be ready to provide extra information needed during this process.
Step 5. The screening exercise
The company will review your application for the job. If it meets the requirements, you will undergo a screening exercise via phone calls.
Step 6. Interview
Successful candidates will receive an invitation for a Girl Rising interview. You can let the hiring managers know what you can offer the company during this time. You will also learn more about the organization and how it operates.
Step 7. Decision-making
The final step is decision-making. Successful applicants will get a message from the company to notify them that they passed the interview. You will receive information about the job position, salary, and benefits.
Usually, the application process takes between four and eight weeks to complete. You can apply for future openings if you fail this time.
Tips to boost your chances of getting Girl Rising internships
The following information will be helpful as you apply for an internship at Girl Rising. Therefore, consider them when preparing for this internship. They include:
#1. Tailor your application to suit the position and job you want. Do not write a general application hoping you can qualify for any possible post. Include the skills, abilities, and keywords related to the job and industry. These will convince the hiring manager that you are the best candidate for the post.
#2. Network with former and present interns at Girl Rising. In addition, look for the contacts of GirlRising’sgs staff. You will get vital information from them, which you can use to answer some questions during the interview. Moreover, they will guide you on how to go on with the whole application process.
#3. Research the company and job: You must learn about Girl Rising and your desired position. You can do this by visitingRising’sRsing’s website. Ensure you understand what the company does, its culture, and its service. More importantly, find the keywords and skills needed for your desired position.
#4. Learn new skills: You need communication, problem-solving, leadership, and time management skills to succeed at Girl Rising. Therefore, you must learn or improve them if you already have them. These skills are necessary to perform your duties well, and the hiring managers will like to notice you have them.
#5. Please write a good resume and cover letter: A good resume increases your chances of getting a Girl Rising internship because it tells your employer you have the skills, ability, qualifications, and experience to work at the company. Therefore, you must bring out time to construct a compelling and straightforward resume that presents all these qualities to your employer.
In addition, you must write a compelling cover letter that will convince the hiring manager that you are the best applicant for the job among other candidates. It will highlight your skills and abilities using the correct keywords related to the job and industry. However, avoid overstressing the information in your cv.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the Girl Rising Internship program?
The Girl Rising Internship program is a twelve-month p[program for individuals interested in building a better world for girls through education, film, and storytelling. Participants carry out projects to ensure girls in developing nations access quality education.
Do interns get paid at Girl Rising?
Yes, Girls Rising interns receive compensation for their jobs. However, the amount depends on the position and area. Moreover, your location also determines how much you will make in this internship.
How long do Girl Rising interns work in a week?
You will be ready to work three days a week if you apply for this program. This full-time position allows you to work up to 20 hours per week.
Kickstart your career this summer in Girl Rising, learning from the best in the field. Also, use this opportunity to grow your career through mentorship and career development programs. However, you must follow the guidelines and tips above to have a successful internship at the organization.