The Emerson Collective Internship Program is an Undergraduate Internship for college students who want to achieve self-reliance and advance social change. The program typically lasts about eight weeks and is suitable for students who wish to lead in the communities where they live and work.
Additionally, it’s open for students who have a passion for communications, project support, community engagement, events, policy, and research. Emerson Collective collaborates with George Washington University and Smithsonian Institution for this internship.
Overview of Emerson Collective Internship
Emerson Collective is a private company based in Palo Alto, California, US. The company aims to bring together entrepreneurs, academics, artists, community leaders, and more to build solutions that bring about measurable, lasting change. As part of its mission since 2004 to help solve clients’ complex issues, the company created the Emerson Collective Internship Program for students are first-year college students, sophomores, and juniors’ students. The Emerson Collective Internship program will allow you to develop new skills to fulfil your potential.
The collaborative internship provides a professional development platform for individuals interested in accessing their world-class interactive training and development programs. It’ll help them to develop lifelong professional connections as ECYC Alumni. With this internship, you’ll be able to navigate office etiquette and imposter syndrome through weekly discussions.
Benefits of Emerson Collective Internship
The Emerson Collective Internship Program offers a range of benefits for successful candidates, which include:
- Opportunity to build a strong network and connect with fellow interns, leaders, mentors, and teams from across all partner organizations
- Have access to creating an extensive network for professional growth and development.
- It’s a medium to attend professional development and social justice programming such as climate and sustainability, gun violence reduction, educational equity, immigration policy, and other ECYC priority areas.
- It’ll allow you to improve your capability to lead and impact positive change.
- Lastly, it’ll give you access to one-on-one mentorship experience that’ll help with career goals and opportunities.
In case you need more legal internships, we have a good article here about how to Jumpstart your Career with Coca-Cola Legal Internship.
Requirements for Emerson Collective Internship
Candidates interested in Emerson Collective Internship 2023 should satisfy the eligibility criteria to make the application successful. Most importantly, the applicants should be passionate social change advocates before applying. To become an Emerson Collective Intern, you should fulfil the following requirements:
- Must be pursuing a major in a reputable institution.
- It would help current law school students to apply with the legal team.
- Must have a valid School ID card and admission letter
- Suitable for graduate students pursuing a career in marketing or design
- It would be best to leverage your skills to help clients solve their most pressing issues.
- Candidates should enjoy analyzing data and synthesizing it to form opinions about companies.
- Must be passionate about technology and supporting purpose-based entrepreneurs who solve critical, complex problems.
Emerson Collective Internship application process
Application for the internship is highly competitive and open till February 22, 2023. If you want to apply for the Summer Internship 2023, applicants must apply through Emerson collective webpage. To express your interest in the summer internship program offered by Emerson Collective, you must undertake the following steps one after the other.
Fill out the online application
Firstly, you’ll click the ‘apply now’ button on the page and complete an application for your preferred organization. Once you click the button, you’ll select the organization you wish to apply to and the positions. These include Bloomhouse, Brand Creative Studio, Culture Council, Immigration, Engineering and Data Science, Finance, Legal, Youth and Community Engagement, and so on.
Afterwards, the candidate will fill out the contact information page and upload the resume. Please note that you can apply to multiple positions within each ECYC organization, but you can only accept one offer.
Undergo the Interview
The next step is to get a mail from the ECYC team to undergo an interview if your application is successful. In some cases, some teams will conduct multiple rounds of interviews.
As the last step of the Emerson Collective Internship program, you’ll get a congratulatory message to begin your fantastic summer internship journey with Emerson Collective.
The internship program will be open from January 10 till February 2023; thus, you have a short time to apply. Note that the application is still ongoing, and there is no application fee. If you have any complaints, contact the internship team at [email protected].
Ways to succeed in the Emerson Collective Internship application process
The selection process for the Emerson Collective Internship is competitive. It requires applicants to have a passion for activities supporting students’ social and emotional learning.
However, to succeed in the application process, there are several steps you can take.
- First, ensure that you have to be prepared to demonstrate a strong work ethic, passion for civic education, excellent communication skills, leadership, attention to detail, and experience working on a team.
- Then, ensure that your current resume showcases your passion for social justice and motivation to lead.
Roles of an Intern at Emerson Collective
The responsibilities of a summer intern at ECYC are numerous and also vary according to different organizations and teams. Nevertheless, the primary duties of a summer intern are listed below:
- Creating, planning, and leading middle school students in cultural, craft, active, or other “elective” activities
- Organizing and implementing learning and summer enrichment experiences
- Using training, daily reflection, and planning sessions to support your civic teaching skills
- Interns will be collaborating with Emerson Collective’s existing portfolio companies.
- Interns will discover great Emerson Collective companies to invest in through thesis creation, market maps, and building relationships with founders and the entrepreneurial communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to submit a cover letter to apply for an Emerson Collective Internship?
Candidates must not submit a cover letter to qualify for the Emerson Collective Internship 2023. However, other ECYC organizations may request a cover letter. Thus, checking the application requirements and additional information is advisable.
How long is the Emerson Collective Internship program?
The Emerson Collective Internship Program run for eight weeks, and it’s suitable for applicants that want to thrive in a competitive environment.
What type of tasks would I be assigned as an Emerson Collective Intern?
Emerson Collective interns will assist in finding genuine, sustained and sustainable solutions. With this internship, they’ll be working to advance some of society’s most calcified systems. Additionally, interns will be tasked with supporting students in building critical civic skills: reading, writing, research, media literacy, communication, and thinking skills.
Is there any financial support available as an Emerson Collective Intern?
Interns at EC get financial support and are paid for the internship opportunity. Apart from that, you’ll get access to housing and travel packages that’ll make the internship easier.
Emerson Collective Internship provides an excellent opportunity for young college students to gain valuable hands-on experience to create complex solutions for problems.
It’ll also allow you to undergo career development training, programming opportunities, and workforce development. With the skills obtained from the training, you’ll get equipped with a broad range of tools.