Top 14 Scholarships at Edinburgh Napier University in U.K
Edinburgh Napier University offers several prestigious scholarships for local and international students. Depending on the eligibility requirements for the scholarship, they may pay for living expenses, tuition, or a particular project that will help you advance both academically and personally.
Some of the top scholarships offered by Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) for home and international students include;
- African scholarships
- ASEAN scholarship
- Brazil scholarship
- British Council women in STEM
- Chevening scholarships
- Engineering scholarship
- Robertson trust scholarship
- Garrick scholarship
- GREAT Egypt scholarship
- North American undergraduate scholarship
- Pakistan scholarship
- South Asia scholarship
- The Fulbright – Edinburgh Napier University Scholar Award
- Witherby Publishing Scholarship, etc.
Who sponsors Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships?
Edinburgh Napier University sponsors most of the scholarships listed above. It offers partial scholarships to various students from across the globe who want to study at university. The university also works in partnership with the British Council and other governmental and non-governmental organizations to offer scholarships to students from Egypt, Kenya, Turkey, and so many other countries.
Overview of Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is a public university in the Scottish capital of Edinburgh. Named for Scottish mathematician and philosopher John Napier, who lived in the 16th century, it was established in 1964 as Napier Technical College. In 2009, it ultimately changed its name to Edinburgh Napier University. The major campuses of the university are located in Sighthill, Craiglockhart, and Merchiston. In recognition of its accomplishments in sustainable building, wood science, and timber engineering, Edinburgh Napier University is a two-time recipient of the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
The University was ranked the top modern university in Scotland, number one for student satisfaction and adding value to students by The Times, 2020 National student survey and The Guardian University Guide respectively.
There are six schools in Edinburgh Napier University.
- The Business School
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Creative Industries
- School of Computing
- School of Engineering and the Built Environment
- School of Health and Social Care
Edinburgh is Scotland’s capital and the seat of the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Executive. It serves as a significant hub for business, law, tourism, culture, and education. Tens of thousands of students from all over the world attend the universities in Edinburgh, particularly from the United States, the European Union, and Asia. The city is the largest financial services center in the UK, a significant banking and insurance hub, and a popular tourism destination for Britons, coming in second only to London. According to Times Higher Education, Edinburgh Napier Institution is the best contemporary university in Scotland and offers a very supportive atmosphere for both study and research.
What is the value of the Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships?
The value of the scholarships differs depending on the particular award. Most of the scholarships only cover partial tuition and are in the range of £2,000 (GBP) to £4,000 (GBP).
What do the Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships cover?
A majority of Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships are partial scholarships for self-funding students. These funds may be used to pay for living expenses, college tuition, or a particular project that will further your academic and personal goals.
How many students are awarded Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships?
Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships are usually awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are a limited number of awards for each category, therefore, eligible applicants should strive to apply on time.
Fields of Study Eligible for Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships?
While most of the Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships are open to students from every faculty in Edinburgh Napier University, some of the scholarships are open to students from specific disciplines. They include;
- British Council women in STEM: This scholarship is available for women who plan to study for a Master’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) subject.
- Engineering Scholarship: This scholarship is open to Scottish students in the following Engineering programs; MEng Civil & Transportation Engineering, BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering, MEng Civil Engineering, BEng (Hons) Energy & Environmental Engineering, BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, MEng Mechanical Engineering.
- Garrick Scholarship: The scholarship supports talented students studying MA Screenwriting at Edinburgh Napier University.
- The Fulbright Edinburgh Napier University Award: The scholarship is given to one US student to conduct research for three to nine months in Nursing.
Levels of Study Eligible for Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships?
ENU makes several scholarships available for its students. Some of them are available for any level of study at all, some others are open to several (but not all) levels of study. However, the rest of them are particular to certain levels. Hence, the level of study eligible for ENU scholarships depends on the particular scholarship.
The eligibility criteria for any Edinburgh Napier University Scholarship differs according to the particular scholarship. However, there are general requirements for different categories of students/scholarships.
- Self-Funding Students: You must have made your £3,500 deposit payment toward your fees
- Postgraduate Scholarships: You must be holding an unconditional offer to study a master’s course in the coming academic year
- Undergraduate Scholarships: You must have an offer (conditional or unconditional) from Edinburgh Napier University to study an undergraduate course
- International Scholarships (specific country or region scholarships): You must be living in said country or region at the time of application
Fees & Funding
What is Edinburgh Napier University known for?
Edinburgh Napier University is ranked the number one university in the UK for film production and photography and the number one modern university in the UK for music, art and design, film and media studies, and English.
Does Edinburgh Napier have scholarships for Doctorate students?
Edinburgh Napier University offers several Ph.D. scholarships. One of them is the fully funded Ph.D. scholarship in the School of Engineering and the Built Environment which is open to both home and international students.
Is it hard to get into Edinburgh Napier University?
Edinburgh Napier University has an acceptance rate of around 56% which makes the admission process a bit competitive.
What is the population of international students at Edinburgh Napier University?
Edinburgh Napier University has around 19,500 students, including about 3,800 international students. That is a percentage of about 19% of the student population.
The application procedure for Edinburgh Napier University Scholarships differs according to the type of scholarship. Note that most scholarships are not merit-based and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click “Apply Now” to visit the official university website and see the scholarship listing for Edinburgh Napier University and how to apply for each one.