CSU scholarships consist of several scholarships provided to support U.S citizens financially and international students enrolled at California State University, United States. These scholarships can partially or fully fund students’ undergraduate or graduate studies.
List of Available Scholarships at the California State University
The following scholarships are available to the U.S. and international students of California State University.
- Robert M. O’Dell Endowed Scholarship in Public Administration
- Wilson C. Riles Education Scholarship
- Real Estate Scholarship and Internship Grant
- Gregson Bautzer Scholarship
- CSU Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Glenn and Dorothy Dumke Fellowship
- Richard K. Leffingwell Scholarship
- Nathaniel R. and Valerie Dumont Scholarship
- Jim Sanders Media and Leadership Scholarship
- Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship
- Howard C. Christiansen Endowed Scholarship
Who Sponsors CSU Scholarships?
The scholarship opportunities available to California State University students are possible via funding from many philanthropists.
Some of these bighearted people and organizations are as follows.
- The William Randolph Hearst Foundation
- Mrs. Nicola D. Bautzer (She funded this scholarship in honor of her late husband)
- The Howard C. Christiansen Trust
- The California Society of Municipal Finance Officers
- The Californian Department of Real Estate
- Mr. Schoettler, a wealthy industrialist from Mountain View, CA
Overview of Long Beach City, California
Long Beach is a Californian city possessing 208 square kilometers as its total area. With a population of over 466,000, Long Beach is one of the most populated cities in the U.S.
The California State University (CSU) is a public institution of higher learning within this city. It has a longstanding history in the city, as its establishment occurred in 1857. CSU is among the top largest public university in the U.S. The university has 23 campuses in California and a student population of over 480000. There are diverse scholarship opportunities available to these students. In fact, no other U.S. university has up to this number of students.
How Much are CSU Scholarships?
As indicated below, CSU scholarships’ award amount varies on the scholarship in question.
- CSU Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement – 20 scholarships, each of $6,000 per academic session
- Jim Sanders Media & Leadership Scholarship – One scholarship of $2,500 is offered to CSU students yearly.
- Howard C. Christiansen Endowed Scholarship – Three scholarships of $6,000 per academic year
- Hampton Scholars Scholarship – Four scholarships of $4,000 each yearly
- Gregson Bautzer Scholarship – $2,000 received yearly by awardees for up to four years
- Nathaniel R. and Valerie Dumont Scholarship – Eight scholarships of $4,000 each per academic session
- William and Janet Lahey Art Education & Visual Arts Scholarship – A scholarship of $10,000 per academic year
- Robert M. O’Dell Endowed Scholarship in Public Admin. – Four scholarships of $2,000 are awarded yearly
- Dale M. Schoettler Scholarship – 36 scholarships, each of $10,000 granted yearly
- Richard K. Leffingwell Scholarship – Two scholarships of $3,000 per academic session
- Glenn and Dorothy Dumke Fellowship – A fellowship of $1,400 per academic session
- Real Estate Scholarship and Internship Grant – Depending on your financial situation, the award amount ranges from $1,000 to $2,000
- Wilson C. Riles Education Scholarship – Three scholarships of $2,000 per academic session
How Many Students Receive CSU Scholarships?
Many students receive scholarships yearly from California State University, USA. Their total number is unknown.
Are CSU Scholarships Fully Funded or Partially Funded?
California State University students can benefit from wide-ranging fully and partially funded scholarships of different amounts.
Duration of CSU Scholarships
Some scholarships offered to California State University students are awarded yearly, while students can receive other scholarships for up to four years. That means you can be a CSU scholarship beneficiary until you graduate.
What Field of Study are CSU Scholarships Meant For?
California State University offers a long list of academic degree programs for undergraduate and graduate students. You can apply for a scholarship regardless of your field of study at CSU.
Can Undergraduate Students Apply for CSU Scholarships?
Yes, undergraduate students from any country can apply for various scholarships that California State University offers. You should meet the requirements for a particular CSU scholarship before applying.
Below are the general criteria to satisfy in being eligible for a scholarship at California State University.
- You have to be a prospective or continuing student of California State University.
- You must also possess full-time enrollment in a CSU degree program.
- You must have high academic performance with an excellent CGPA.
- Lastly, you should be able to provide evidence that you are experiencing financial issues and need the scholarship to finance your education at CSU.
Before applying for a scholarship offered by California State University, ensure that you hold the following documents.
- A filled-out CSU scholarship application form
- A concise personal statement
- Academic transcripts
- A nomination cover letter from your CSU’s campus president
- Recommendation letter(s) from any academic staff at the California State University
- Letters of reference from your teachers, community leaders, or any other relevant individual to describe your commendable achievements and potential (if applicable)
- An application checklist, which you have completed
- Proof of visual or physical disability (if applicable)
- A Thank you letter addressed to the scholarship’s sponsor
Fees & Funding
Does CSU offer scholarships?
Of course, California State University offers many scholarships to students from the United States and overseas.
Can I get a full scholarship at California State University?
Yes, domestic and international students of California State University can benefit from a range of fully funded scholarships.
Does CSU have merit based scholarships?
Yes, most scholarships available to California State University students are merit-based, i.e., CSU awards them based on students’ academic achievement.
Are there CSU scholarships for international students?
Yes, the California State University international scholarships are available in several amounts for non-US citizens.
How do I get a scholarship at CSU?
To apply for any of California State University’s scholarships, you will have to visit your campus’ Financial Aid Office.
Can I apply for CSU scholarships online?
No, you cannot apply for California State University scholarships online. Hence, you must apply in person at the Financial Aids office on your campus.
How to Apply for CSU Scholarships
California State University students can apply for their choice of scholarships through the institution’s Financial Aid Office. Each CSU campus has this type of office for students who seek to get financial aid.
When you visit the office on your campus, the staff there will guide you on the scholarship application process and deadline.