If you are looking forward to taking your career to the next level, apply now for Coursera Internships to improve your employability. Coursera offers a range of internship programs to students and fresh graduates from different world regions, regardless of their specialization. Being part of the program has numerous benefits, helping you to develop a professional network, have a potential mentor, gain relevant work experience, redefine your career goals, and end up with a sophisticated resume. This blog post provides an overview of Coursera Internship programs, including what benefits to expect, who is eligible, and how to apply.
Let’s get started.
Overview of Coursera Internships
Coursera Inc. supports students and fresh graduates through internships. The company transforms their lives and facilitates career progression by providing various internship opportunities. When you choose to intern at Coursera, you will be able to make an impact, regardless of your specialization. Internships at Coursera last for three to four months. Coursera has more roles available for engineering students and recent graduates. Nevertheless, the company hires interns for its marketing, product management, finance, legal, and data science teams.
About Coursera Inc.
Coursera is a global online course provider headquartered in Mountain View, California, USA. It was established in 2012 by Daphne Koller and Andrew Ng, computer science professors at Stanford University. Coursera has about 113 million users. It collaborates with many higher education institutions and organizations to provide online courses, degrees, and certifications in various subjects. Moreover, Coursera has about 1,138 employees working remotely and in offices across several countries.
Potential Benefits of Interning at Coursera Inc.
Here are only a few of the many benefits of Coursera Internship Programs.
- As Coursera is a digital platform, participating in its internship programs will help you grow your skills and increase your knowledge as you are involved in part of its operations. Moreover, you will become a member of its diverse teams, allowing you to perform tasks toward productivity. All these will enable you to gain work experience, helpful in starting your career at higher levels other than entry-level.
Future employment opportunities
- Another benefit of interning at Coursera is that you will likely get full-time employment offer, allowing you to return to the company after graduation. Surprisingly, more than half of Coursera’s staff were once its interns.
- Coursera pays a monthly stipend to interns, regardless of their team. The average amount receivable per hour by the company’s software engineering interns is approximately $40.
Mentoring at work
- You may also consider interning at Coursera due to the mentoring you get from a full-time employee acting as your role model. The person will give professional advice and suggestions, provide feedback, and encourage interns to influence their career growth positively.
Chance to develop a broader professional network
- Students and new graduates who join Coursera internships also have a chance to build a network of industry experts. You can use these connections to jumpstart your career and enhance your self-confidence.
Now that you know the benefits of interning at Coursera Inc., check out your eligibility status below.
Eligibility Criteria for Coursera Internships
Before applying for a currently available internship role at Coursera Inc., you must fulfill the following requirements, as indicated below.
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Possess practical knowledge of relevant digital platforms
- Have superb communication skills in English
Did you find out that you are eligible for internships at Coursera Inc.? Then, you may proceed to the application procedures section.
How to Apply for Coursera Internship Programs
The following is a step-to-step guide to applying for the internship programs hosted by Coursera Inc.
Step 1: Search for open internship roles at Coursera Inc.
- Before anything else, you must check online for Coursera internship opportunities available to students and new graduates. Then, after finding the one that interests you, click on it.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form
- Scroll down, and you will find an application form with Apply for this Job indicated above it. This step involves completing the form with the required information by manually filling in the details or applying via LinkedIn. You must all also upload your resume/CV and a persuasive cover letter in an acceptable format, such as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, or .rtf.
Step 3: Submit your internship application
- After filling in the required information, click the Submit Application button to conclude the application process. It would be best if you start to prepare for your internship interview to reduce anxiety and increase your chances of landing the internship.
Frequently Asked Questions about Coursera Internships
Does Coursera pay interns?
Yes, Coursera Inc. compensates its interns monthly by giving a stipend to appreciate their contributions. The estimated salary paid to each intern in the United States is $40 per hour.
How long do Coursera Internships typically last?
The internship programs hosted by Coursera Inc. yearly last for either 12 or 16 weeks and run throughout the year. That means students and new graduates can intern year-round in the company for up to four months.
When do Coursera Internships start?
Coursera usually starts recruiting students and new graduates into its internship programs by early September. The company hires interns year-round until it has filled up its openings. Selected interns will have to assume their roles the following year.
What qualifications are required to apply for Coursera Internships?
To qualify for internships at Coursera Inc., you must be at least 18 years old and presently have enrollment in a recognized college or university. Besides, you must possess good English communication skills and a basic understanding of relevant digital platforms. With this in mind, you can participate in Coursera Internships by joining its engineering, legal, finance, product management, data science, or marketing team.
Can I work at Coursera after my internship?
Yes, you can return to Coursera Inc. to take on a full-time role after your internship and graduation. In fact, most Coursera employees started their careers internally as interns.
To this end, Coursera Internship Programs provide a unique opportunity to boost your qualifications and make yourself highly employable. It will allow you to gather work experience, get more knowledge, and have a broader professional network. Since Coursera Internship applications only close when the company has occupied all openings, it is best to apply as soon as the recruitment season begins in September. So, don’t hesitate to apply early. Thanks for reading!