Baker Tilly Internship: A Pathway to a successful career in Accounting
The life and career of an accountant require continuous and rigorous training and practice. Most times, the knowledge you get in the classroom is not enough. Thus, gaining real-world experience complements theoretical knowledge. The Baker Tilly Internship program provides practical experience to entry-level accounts. In other words, it prepares you for a long career in the field by learning from professionals and experts.
My blog post will give you all the information you need to succeed in your application to become an accounting intern at Baker Tilly.
About Baker Tilly Internship
Baker Tilly Internship is a program that allows accounting students to gain practical and real-world experience by learning from leading professionals. It is available to diploma, college, undergraduate, and graduate accounting students. However, students in other related courses can undertake this internship program, including Banking and Finance, Economics, Mathematics, and Insurance. Interns at Baker Billy have the opportunity to:
- Undergo technical training and development to help them attend to clients.
- Get on-the-job training by engaging in meaningful work engagements and how your academic experience translates to the professional environment.
- Learn from experts with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Work with clients from the public and private sectors, from start-ups to multinational corporations.
- Get an opportunity to join Baker Tilly through your performance and dedication to duty.
- Learn about Baker Tilly’s commitment and core values through engaging and interactive experiences.
Requirements to apply for Baker Billy Internship
Applicants for an internship at Baker Tilly must meet the following eligibility criteria. They include:
- Candidates must be pursuing a Diploma/Degree in accounting, business, or a related field
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written/ verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to details
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
Benefits of Baker Tilly Internship
Participants in the Baker Tilly Internship Program will get the following benefits. They include:
- Gain real-world experience working and learning from leading experts in accounting.
- Network with other interns and employees of Baker Tilly.
- Get an opportunity to join Baker Tilly in the future.
- Receive a competitive salary as compensation for your responsibilities at the company.
Internship Opportunities at Baker Tilly
Applicants for Baker Tilly Internship can apply for the following positions and jobs. They include:
Assurance Intern: As an assurance intern at Baker Billy, your responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the execution of audit procedures
- Perform various duties such as testing controls and performing substantive procedures
- Perform analysis of evidence and participate in one-on-one and small group discussions with other engagement team members
- Accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures.
Restructuring and Recovery Intern: As a restructuring intern at Baker Tilly, your duties include the folwing:
- Involvement in various modes of Liquidation, Judicial Management, Receiverships, Schemes of Arrangement, and Individual Bankruptcy
- Assist in analyzing evidence and participate in one-on-one and small group discussions with other engagement team members
- Develop ideology and work closely on the execution
Tax (Direct) Intern: Tax (Direct) Interns a Baker Tilly performs the following tasks:
- Prepare individual income tax computations and income tax returns; and
- Prepare corporate income tax computations and income tax returns;
- Attend to post-filing matters;
- Verify and advise Notices of Assessments and other correspondences issued by the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore; and
- Assist in ad-hoc administration duties, e.g., filing, weeding of files
Tax (GST) Intern: Your duties as a Tax (GST) intern include:
- Advise clients on the GST implications and applicable treatment of their business transactions (e.g., new business arrangements, cross-border transactions)
- Assist clients with the application of GST registration, exemption, and GST schemes
- Assist clients with the review and e-filing of GST returns
- Conduct GST health check reviews, GST due diligence reviews, Assisted Self Help Kit (ASK) reviews and Assisted Compliance Assurance Programme (ACAP) reviews.
- Assist clients in managing IRAS GST audits/investigations
- Assist clients in seeking GST rulings from IRAS
How to apply for Baker Tilly Internship
The application process for the Baker Tilly Internship Program runs throughout the year. Thus, eligible students can apply at any time. However, knowing that accounting internships are competitive, you should start your application on time. Your application letter must be concise and, at the same time, detailed. Thus, it must contain all the information that will convince your recruiters that you are the right candidate for the job amongst other applicants. Check out our article on how to get an internship placement in reputable firms like Baker Billy in 2023.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above can apply for this internship online at https://careers.bakertilly.com/student-opportunities
Required documents for the Baker Tilly Internship Program
Applicants must provide the following documents. They include:
- A cv/resume
- An application/cover letter
- Unofficial academic transcripts
- Reference letter
Tips on how to boost your chances of getting a Baker Tilly Internship
The following tips will increase your chances of being among the successful applicants for the Baker Tilly Internship program. They include:
Tailor your application: Your application must be specific. Thus, your application must contain your skills, strengths, abilities, and why you qualify for the post. All these will make your future employers know that you have what it takes to contribute to the growth and development of the company. Use our article on how to write a cover letter for an internship to learn more about tailoring your application.
Research Baker Tilly and what it does: The next tip to help you increase your chances of getting a Baker Billy Internship is finding out the necessary information about the company. It includes its mission and vision. You will also take time to know what services and products Baker Billy offers its clients.
Network with former interns and staff of Baker Billy: What about networking with former and current interns at Baker Billy? More importantly, connecting with the employees of the firm. You will get valuable information from these people. One way of making friends with them is through LinkedIn and Facebook. Thus, you can log in to LinkedIn to connect with them.
Build your skills: Do you have the skills you need to intern at Baker Tilly? You will need to learn new skills if no is the answer. On the other hand, if yes is your answer, consider improving old ones. You may need problem-solving, communication, teamwork, management, attention to detail, and analytical skills to scale through at Baker Tilly.
Write a strong resume/cover letter: Your resume and cover letter will increase your chances of getting an internship at Baker Billy. However, you must write a good resume containing your skills, qualifications, work experience, and abilities.
You may also need a reference: Another way of increasing your chances is by looking for professional connections. Two references will do the job for you. However, ensure they will speak well of you and your skills. When looking for a reference, look for a university lecturer, an expert in the field, or a co-worker.
FAQs About Baker Tilly Internship
What kind of internships is Baker Tilly offering?
Interns at Baker Tilly will get offers in the following departments. They include:
- Business Administration and Management
- Financial Services
- Nonprofit Sector
- Real Estate
What qualifications are needed for a Baker Tilly Internship?
There are no academic qualifications for applicants for Baker Tilly Internships. However, you will get a preference if you have the following educational qualifications. They include:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Arts
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science
What type of experience can I expect to gain from a Baker Tilly Internship?
Interns at Baker Tilly will get real-world and practical experience working with experts in the field. Thus, they will gain practical accounting knowledge different from theoretical knowledge.
You will unlock your world of possibilities as an intern at baker Billy. This way, you will start a long career as an accountant with little or no experience. However, you will need the instructions in this article to become a successful intern at Baker Tilly; therefore, ensure you consider every piece of information you have read in this blog post. Good luck in your career as an accountant.