The Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by the university for foreign students from non-EU or EEA countries. The scholarship is available for Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students and covers full tuition and boarding expenses. Apart from the nationality criteria, there are no other special preferences for this scholarship.
Who sponsors Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
The Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship is financed with both university internal funds and the scholarship fund of the university.
About Aurel Vlaicu University
Aurel Vlaicu University (AVU) is located in Arad, Romania. It is named after the Romanian engineer and aviation pioneer Aurel Vlaicu. It was established in 1972 and is one of Romania’s top academic institutions. Numerous academic programs, including certifications, diplomas, undergraduate degrees, and postgraduate degrees, are available at the university.
Overview of Arad, Romania
Arad is a city in western Romania with a strong Hungarian community. In addition to being a significant industrial and transportation hub, Arad is also the location of various universities, notably the Aurel Vlaicu University. The city is bustling, and getting about is relatively simple. Additionally, there is fairly inexpensive housing available in Arad, which makes it an ideal location for students.
Arad has a good number of private and state-owned colleges and universities. One of the public universities in the city is Aurel Vlaicu University. In addition, there are more scholarships available to Aurel University students from the government, NGOs, or private sources.
How much is the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
The exact amount for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship is not defined but it usually ranges anywhere between 1000 to 3000 EUR. However, the scholarship covers the following expenses for all its beneficiaries;
- Tuition fees
- Boarding fees
- A 300 RON/month financial aid
Note that the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship does not cover international or national transport-related costs. Therefore, students will have to pay for their flights themselves to and from school.
How many students are eligible for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
There is no prescribed number of students for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship. The number of successful applicants is at the discretion of the evaluation committee that the University’s Rector appoints to oversee the process.
What field of study is the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship meant for?
The Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship is open to all fields of study offered by the university. The university faculties include:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Food Engineering, Tourism and Environmental Protection
- Faculty of Social and Humanistic Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Orthodox Theology
- Faculty of Exact Sciences
- Faculty of Educational Sciences, Psychology, and Social Works
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
- Faculty of Design
Can undergraduate students apply for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
Yes, undergraduate students can apply for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship. As long as they are foreigners from non-EU or EEA member countries. The scholarship is also open to master’s and doctorate students.
There are several criteria you have to meet for the board to consider you eligible for the Aurel Vlaicu scholarship. To qualify for this scholarship, you must;
- Be an international student except for those from EU or EEA member states. Foreign students with Romanian heritage are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Neither hold Romanian citizenship nor be a refugee (be granted asylum) in Romania.
- Gain provisional admission to study at Aurel Vlaicu University at any level (Undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D.)
- Not be a beneficiary of any other state-sponsored scholarship for the same cycle of studies.
- Present super-legalized study documents issued by accredited institutions from your home country.
- Have a good overall grade record
- Not be turning/older than 35 for the undergraduate/master’s scholarship or 45 for the Ph.D. scholarship in the year you get the scholarship.
- Obtain the minimum necessary credit point number and sign the additional study contract form to retain the scholarship for the next academic year.
Fees & Funding
What is the duration of the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
The scholarship lasts for one year and can be renewed every year as long as you meet the minimum necessary credit point and have signed the additional study contract form. These two conditions are important if you wish to maintain the Aurel Vlaicu University scholarship.
Does Aurel Vlaicu University offer scholarships for indigene students?
Yes, the university does have scholarships and tuition-free spots for its national students and international students from EU or EEA countries.
When is the best time to apply for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
The time for submitting applications for admission into the university is from 1 May to 31st July.
Can I apply for more than one scholarship at the same time?
The scholarship requirements state that you must not have benefitted from any other state-sponsored scholarship scheme. However, perhaps, if it is a privately funded scholarship, there won’t be any problems. Make sure to contact the University rector for international studies for further clarification.
How does the university board select beneficiaries for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship?
The primary criterion for getting the AVU scholarship, besides being a non-EU/non-EEA citizen is your academic qualification. The board will determine this when they check the documents you submit/upload.
According to the University’s scholarship operation procedure, candidates selected for the Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship will go through the admission procedure for university studies. The following documents are required for the admission procedure
- The application form
- A legalized copy of each of the following documents in English or Romanian
- High school diploma or equivalent
- University degree or equivalent
- Diploma supplement
- Any of the documents listed below depending on the case
- Romanian language preparatory year diploma
- English language proficiency certificate with exceptions for applicants from English-speaking countries where English is the official language
- A notarized birth certificate in English or Romanian
- Copy of a document or ID which certifies your permanent foreign address
- A copy of your passport
- A medical certificate in Romanian, English, or French
- Passport-sized photo
Aurel Vlaicu University Scholarship Application Documents
- The application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation Letter
- Three recommendation letters from the university’s academic staff
You can click the apply button below this section to submit the application form online on the scholarship application page and upload the necessary documents with it. Alternatively, you can email it to [email protected] or mail it to Universitatea “Aurel Vlaicu” din Arad, B-dul Revoluției nr. 77, 310130 Arad, jud Arad, România
Ensure that all your application documents are in English. If any of them aren’t in English, find a professional translator to rectify it for you.
After the selection process is complete, successful candidates will get an email notification. Rejected applicants will be informed as well so they may decide whether to apply for a self-funded spot at the institution. For the university to expedite the Ministry of Education clearance of their admission letter, successful candidates must also send all additional documents asked by the institution through email in the least amount of time.
Contact the vice-rector for international students or the foreign students’ representative at relations.internaţ[email protected] if you would like further information about this scholarship.